PDA

View Full Version : How long do stars SnGs last?

Womble
07-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Have played a few on party and had my first SnG on stars. It was a $5.50 and I won it /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. A real confidence boost after not placing in 4 others today. So a total of two firsts and 4 OOTM.

The party SnGs I played were much faster since you have nealy half the number of chips. The start one lasted 70mins which I think is too long. Is this typical of the level? Also the players started of VERY loose but later when there were about 6 players left no one would play a hand. All my blinds were handed to me and hardly any pots went to the flop. This made it last even longer as no one wanted to get involved.

How long do the stars SnGs typically last for the level you play. I am only interested in $5.50s at the moment but I do want to move up when I improve /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bluefeet
07-31-2005, 06:31 PM
The 70 minutes you described for the regular PS SnGs are pretty standard. The turbos are closer 40-45 minutes.

cha59
07-31-2005, 06:51 PM
They have 6 + .50 turbos which move quicker with the same 1500 starting stack.

Womble
07-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Do the turbos play similar to the $5+0.5s? I may try those or two table the regular ones

bluefeet
07-31-2005, 07:10 PM
much more like t800 games on PP. you'll be given few opportunities to collect chips early. a strong bubble game is a must to cash with any consistency. i'd recommend paying careful attention to all of the 'do you push this?' type posts for a bit before venturing.