PDA

View Full Version : $2-$5 live , 2nd nut flush /gutshot straight flush

sirtimo
07-31-2005, 04:53 PM
(OK, this is a little weird posting this in the same forum where y'all are talking about $50/100 games)

$2/5 live at Winstar in OK

About 4hr into a overall lame session. I'm up about $200 but the table is blah and I've run cold. I've only shown down one hand, a winner, and have taken most of my money with continuation bets and position raises.

SB has ~$350, is a weak tight lady with a stupid nodding tell when whenever she gets bet into and she has missed the board and an even stupider grimace tell when she bets and she's got a hand.

BB has ~$400 is a decent player who has played ABC poker and will even fire 2 barrels at flop + turn when he leads the betting but will shut down on the river if he has missed. I havnt seen him raise w/o a real hand.

2 early limpers, Hero is in LP with $500, picks up K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, raises to $25, folds around, SB calls, BB calls, limpers fold.

pot - $87
Flop 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets $30 (a big bet for her), BB raises to $130, Hero folds, SB calls

Pot ~ $350
Turn J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB instantly bets all-in for about $200 more, BB ponders and folds.

I would have called the $30 flop bet but when BB raised, I figured I was behind a made hand. When SB called I *knew* i had to be behind at least 1 made hand and probably none of my flush outs were good... well except the one that hit....

Comments??

regards,
Tim

Logik
07-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Eh, I like the fold because SB still has to act and he could raise/push and then you've lost a lot of money. If you ended the action three-way would you call?

deadmoney98
07-31-2005, 05:45 PM
My first reaction: Wow, that's a BIG laydown.

My second reaction: Wow, I probably fold there too, but feel really weak, and of course want to kill myself after the turn.

creedofhubris
07-31-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(OK, this is a little weird posting this in the same forum where y'all are talking about $50/100 games)

$2/5 live at Winstar in OK

About 4hr into a overall lame session. I'm up about $200 but the table is blah and I've run cold. I've only shown down one hand, a winner, and have taken most of my money with continuation bets and position raises.

SB has ~$350, is a weak tight lady with a stupid nodding tell when whenever she gets bet into and she has missed the board and an even stupider grimace tell when she bets and she's got a hand.

BB has ~$400 is a decent player who has played ABC poker and will even fire 2 barrels at flop + turn when he leads the betting but will shut down on the river if he has missed. I havnt seen him raise w/o a real hand.

2 early limpers, Hero is in LP with $500, picks up K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, raises to $25, folds around, SB calls, BB calls, limpers fold.

pot - $87
Flop 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets $30 (a big bet for her), BB raises to $130, Hero folds, SB calls

Pot ~ $350
Turn J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB instantly bets all-in for about $200 more, BB ponders and folds.

I would have called the $30 flop bet but when BB raised, I figured I was behind a made hand. When SB called I *knew* i had to be behind at least 1 made hand and probably none of my flush outs were good... well except the one that hit....

Comments??

regards,
Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't go too far wrong pushing this hand on the flop.

Proofrock
07-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Why not push? You have 4 outs the the nuts, 8 more outs to the second nuts, and two overcards that may be partial outs as well. There's already $250 in the pot, so if both SB and BB call your push, you're getting about 2:1. You don't really mind if you're against a made hand -- you need to draw out to win anyway. If you're up against a weak-tight SB, I doubt she'll call the push if she just has the nut flush draw anyway.

-cj

07-31-2005, 06:09 PM
I don't like the fold on the flop at all. I agree with some of the other posters that pushing is good here. If you take it down, you still pick up a big pot, and if you get called, you're still in pretty good shape. The SB can't put all of her chips in here without a monster on the flop, and no matter what she has, you've got plenty of outs.

RakeWarrior

arod15
07-31-2005, 08:20 PM
No way you fold on that flop. I think id push.....