PDA

View Full Version : Push this shortstacked ITM?

durron597
07-31-2005, 04:36 PM
For some reason I decided not to push this, though I often do. I think it was because the table was playing tight and I thought I would get a better spot.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t5535)
Hero (t2335)
SB (t5630)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

EricW
07-31-2005, 04:42 PM
According to eastbay's program, unless one is a maniac under eastbay's categories, it's a clear push.

If one is a maniac, it becomes much closer. If both are maniacs, it's -EV.

Btw, how many orbits are left? IMO, those 600 chips would help your stack greatly.

durron597
07-31-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to eastbay's program, unless one is a maniac under eastbay's categories, it's a clear push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should really buy eastbay's program. No, I wouldn't consider either of these guys maniacs.

And this is on Stars, blinds go up every 5 minutes not every 10 hands.

Isura
07-31-2005, 08:12 PM
[quote
For some reason I decided not to push this, though I often do. I think it was because the table was playing tight and I thought I would get a better spot.
]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your thinking is backwaards, or do you mean the table was loose. Because this is a really easy push against tight opponents. I'd fold against looser players that will call with Kx,Qx and all kinds of funky hands here.

The Don
07-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Clear fold for me.

lastchance
07-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Maniac setting on Eastbay is like 22+, A2+, K2+, Q9+, right?

If Villain's aren't calling that, they should not being playing poker. (well, I don't call that, but I suspect my opponents of often believing strongly in the reverse gap concept)