PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Backers For WSOP (maybe)

Bill Murphy
03-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Inspired by Fossilman, I'm potentially interested in being backed for the following events the first weekend of the WSOP: The $2K Omaha8, $2K NLHE[if I don't make the O8 final table], and the $1.5K Stud8.

I don't quite have Fossy's rep and haven't played that many big tourneys, but I have finished 7th in the 1.5K stud8 & 3rd in an $500 O8 [real bad beat from at least 2nd /forums/images/icons/mad.gif ]; am a lifetime winner after over 100 small buy in tourneys including 50% money finishes in Stud8's; and have a $38/hr win rate in 15-30 LHE, the only game I can play locally. I'm much better at the hi/lo's than LHE.

I have had a series of personal, away from the table, issues, now resolved, that pretty much scragged the ol' bankroll the past couple years. I'm looking for twelve people to put up $500 each. We'll work out the percentages and taxes after we're set to go. I'd prefer people who live in Vegas, or will be in Vegas that weekend, for simplicity's sake. I have two friends who are set, and a prominent poster here is also interested; suggested I do this, in fact.

This is more of an initial exploratory post; my two friends may put up the whole $6K, or I might win/come up with it all myself.

PM me if you want to talk about it, I'm open to all suggestions. Laugh/flame away, I've done so in the past, and none of you can say anything that'll be worse than what I've said to myself over the years. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
03-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Hi Billy- I will back you for a comped meal at Mirage or Bellagio in case you go busted. Hope to meet you this year. LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

HDPM
03-10-2003, 12:35 AM
C'mon Babe, pry loose of some bankroll for Bill. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Maybe it will be Bill buying you Delmonico's after a high finish. He'll be too polite to say you should have taken a piece of him in the tourn. I won't be too polite though. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Bill Murphy
03-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Bruzio's brunch on Billy if bracelet brandished! But, backers only bacchanal! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Tommy Angelo
03-10-2003, 04:08 AM
Bill,

I'll probably be downtown that week, and I like to stake, but only on the same day as the race (only so I can see if my horse got any sleep). So hey Bill, whoever you are, ya never know!

Tommy

**MR.MANHATTAN**
03-11-2003, 01:32 AM
ok tommyyyyyy.........MR.M will tap uon the shoulder ..well rested and sober.. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Fishy
03-11-2003, 07:21 PM
venus2888@hotmail.com