PDA

View Full Version : Cape Hold'em 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,0...

11-21-2001, 06:54 AM
Cape Hold'em has reported today that four of the last six pocket rockets exploded in mid air. The agency responsible for damage control, was not available for comment. A Border Town official said some of the Capes employees have been an emotional wreck. Unofficially it has been reported, fuel consumption has taken a big hit. Pocket rockets get their energy from the solid fuel chips. The solid fuel chips can be very explosive if not handle carefully.

The renowned scientist Basement Man gave a short interview Wednesday morning. He explained some of the reasons for the rocket failures. "It was pilot error, we have repeatedly told these pocket rocket pilots to bail out at the first sign of real danger. Solid chip fuel can be saved when the pilot bails out of a bad situation. Our number one pilot SPM just can't seem to let go of the controls, when system wide failure is present. We now have him in our new release program. He will be given control of simulated pocket rockets and must demonstrate the release 10,000 times before he will be allowed to captain another pair of rockets."

Fortunately Cape Hold'em has had some success with their land based products. The 96 suited land rover spiked trips on the river and the financial rewards were outstanding. The Cape hopes to start up their rocket program again soon. Film at eleven.

SPM,...693, 694, 695, release 696, release...

11-21-2001, 12:23 PM
pr is one hand that pilot error doesnt cause an off field landing. its all in the karma. those with good, win with rockets, and those that kick little old ladies lose, simple fact of life. where do you fit in spm.

also non smokers seem to be luckier at poker. how has your quitting program worked.

11-21-2001, 12:37 PM
Ray,

Just one question. How do the cards know? We're not even allowed to smoke in our pokerrooms any more. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they(the cards) did; what-with floplag, reverse floplag getting your AA cracked by some goof who wins with AA next hand sometimes the cards seem like they're just laughin' at ya.

Or is it the pokergods? Surely they know all. Hmmmm....maybe I should try to quit again.

Mike

11-21-2001, 12:57 PM
do you really believe the cards dont think. why even some of them have faces that look back at you. someday if you are lucky you may find that they speak to you.

i would quit again if i were you. as all my old friends that smoked are now dead.except one who has most of his face and throat taken out. and i cant even recognize him let alone understand a word he tries to say. i would hate to lose the new ones.

11-21-2001, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Ray, now I'm gonna have nightmares. I don't mean to make light of your friend(s). I'll keep tryin' to quit. Atleast I've quit all of the other stuff that can kill me 'cept for eating like a goat(no, not Goat; and yes, I've seen the food threads, one thing at a time please) and the cards aren't actually talking to me yet, or me to them, for that matter. So, atleast, I got that goin' for me.

See ya,

Mike

11-21-2001, 05:05 PM
To the lower case z,

** pr is one hand that pilot error doesnt cause an off field landing.

Pocket Rockets never land they either travel to the stars with the gold or they crash and burn.

** its all in the karma. those with good, win with rockets, and those that kick little old ladies lose, simple fact of life. where do you fit in spm.

You read my posts and then you think I could fit in...where would that be? I'm lucky I can fit in my socks...I never kicked an old lady ever, unless I was sure I could finish the job. After 3 marriages I'm all kicked out...

** also non smokers seem to be luckier at poker. how has your quitting program worked.

I would quit but our poker rooms are all non-smoking. The only exersise I get is when I leave the game and go fast walking to the smoking area.

SPM,...can't breath but I can walk...