PDA

View Full Version : Fictional 2 pair hand

Alpha13
07-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Probably my hardest hands to play against a push are are 2 pair and trips. Here's a 2 pair hand I made up that I wouldn't know what to do:

Party poker NL50 10 handed
Hero: $75
Villian: $100

You are dealt As5s in BB
VIllian (CO) raises to $2, Hero calls,

18 bbs

Flop: AdQd8s
Hero bets $4, Villian minraises. Hero makes a loose call expecting to fold the turn UI

40bbs

Turn: 5c
Hero checks, villian bets $5, hero raises $15, villian goes all in

Ok first how does your line go? Second with $50 left do you call the turn? I'm not including a read because I'm hoping to see answers broken down with your reasoning i.e Against an unknown my standard line is... if he's been trying to bully the table I'd...

Thanks

kongo_totte
07-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Check-fold flop. Fold turn.

gulebjorn
07-31-2005, 02:42 PM
I would never bet this flop. I also wouldn't call a bet.

If I limp A5s, I'm looking for a flush draw, two pair or 234.

wow crazy, i'm playing 2 SnG's right now and am delt A5s on both as I'm typing this. One flop is 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif, the other is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I folded both.

Alpha13
07-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Would you guys still check fold the flop if it were HU? If not what's your line then? I'm going to edit my hand to reflect that situation

kongo_totte
07-31-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you guys still check fold the flop if it were HU? If not what's your line then? I'm going to edit my hand to reflect that situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not be in this hand if it were heads up.

gulebjorn
07-31-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not be in this hand if it were heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless it's a blinds battle. Certainly not in a raised pot.

Alpha13
07-31-2005, 02:51 PM
You wouldn't defend your BB with A5s?

kongo_totte
07-31-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a blind battle that's a totally different hand. Post that fictional situation seperately.

EDIT: just saw he edited it. The action is all screwed up though.

gulebjorn
07-31-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a blind battle that's a totally different hand. Post that fictional situation seperately.

[/ QUOTE ]

He edited his original post.

But I still don't think I'm calling this PF, I'm sure I'm not betting the flop, and very sure that I'm laying it down to agression.

Alpha13
07-31-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: just saw he edited it. The action is all screwed up though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see anything wrong with it other than the pot size which I can't change now.

Anyways what do you guys defend with if not A5s? Because the suited ace is stronger than any K,Q,J high that many stealers would raise with. And now thats it's HU top pair becomes a decent hand. Villians flop raise still doesn't mean we're behind, I think a draw or smaller PP will do this enough to make calling the flop +EV. Then we can play the turn/river according to what he does next (fold to any decent sized bet on the turn or bet the river)

I think the turn fold is obvious here, what about if we had top 2 pair (AQ)

gulebjorn
07-31-2005, 05:09 PM
You don't need to worry too much about defending your blinds in a cash game. Why make a 3:5 call with probably 3:1 odds against you winning the hand? You want to play Axs in a multiway pot, and you want to play it cheap.