PDA

View Full Version : AKs OOP against a 3 flush flop and 4th flush turn?

Sasnak
07-31-2005, 02:29 PM
No strong reads on villain yet. CO was a total LP calling station.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

<font color="blue">The flop isn't the greatest but I reraise to see where I'm at. </font>

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???

Doc7
07-31-2005, 02:33 PM
I don't see how you could call a raise if you bet this turn...is check-call too weak-tight, or is betting out and seeing if he folds too dangerous?

doodle2
07-31-2005, 02:35 PM
Lead. Fold to a raise. If he calls lead the river. Fold to a raise.

doodle

benneh
07-31-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lead. Fold to a raise. If he calls lead the river. Fold to a raise.

doodle

[/ QUOTE ]

SteveM
07-31-2005, 02:37 PM
I probably bet/fold here, but am curious what others would do.

Duerig
07-31-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't like the flop 3 bet. I bet-call this flop, intending to check raise or donk a non club turn.

Aaron W.
07-31-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop 3 bet. I bet-call this flop, intending to check raise or donk a non club turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raise is bad unless you are absolutely certain villain will bet. And "no reads" makes you not absolutely certain.

Fantam
07-31-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">The flop isn't the greatest but I reraise to see where I'm at. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure that this achieved its purpose, because you still dont really know where you are on the turn.

I would go with the bet/fold to a raise line on the turn and check/call on the river.

I dont think that you are likely to be called by a worse hand on the river if you bet, but you might induce a bluff if you check.

Sasnak
07-31-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure that this achieved its purpose, because you still dont really know where you are on the turn.

I would go with the bet/fold to a raise line on the turn and check/call on the river.

I dont think that you are likely to be called by a worse hand on the river if you bet, but you might induce a bluff if you check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are my thoughts on the flop.

1) I'm OOP

2) Holding TPTK

3) Bad 3 flush flop

Since I raised preflop and did hit my TPTK, naturally I need to lead out to show no flop fear. Villain raises for info and I reply with a 3 bet saying I hold a big /images/graemlins/club.gif.

When he calls I feel confident he is holding at least one /images/graemlins/club.gif and also might have a TP holding. If he capped my 3 bet, I'm torn between a laydown and call. If I call I'm check/calling the rest of the way.

Anyhow, that's the reasoning behind the flop action. Good/Bad?

~

Duerig
07-31-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raise is bad unless you are absolutely certain villain will bet. And "no reads" makes you not absolutely certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I donk into most.