PDA

View Full Version : NL 100 Turn question on heavy draw.

BirdieLongSocks
07-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Hero is UTG with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and calls, 2 folds to button who makes it 3 to go, SB calls BB folds and I call.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif pot ~10.
SB checks, I make it 10, button calls SB folds.

Turn brings a non diamond 10 pot is 30ish, Hero has 110 left and villian have him covered. Whats your plan?

Villian is the only player who make plays against hero and seems to be happy to show them. We are very liberal when we go in to a pot against eachother,e.x a pot was bet and called on all streets with me taking it with ace high (k kicker vs queen).

His ordinary preflop raise is 5 and its very unusual for him to call a flop when he raised pre flop he almost allways folds or raises.

His hand range at this point could be anything from a planned bluff to a set of Aces.

gulebjorn
07-31-2005, 02:01 PM
QJs is very borderline UTG. If this is full ring, it's probably a fold.

I'm not so sure about the semi-bluff on the flop. I don't think you want to start building this pot out of position. This is open to discussion though.

Check turn and hope that he gives you odds to see a river.

BirdieLongSocks
07-31-2005, 02:14 PM
Its 6 max.

I usually dont play that hand from UTG but it was going to be my last for the night.

gulebjorn
07-31-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its 6 max.

I usually dont play that hand from UTG but it was going to be my last for the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, last hand-syndrome /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BirdieLongSocks
07-31-2005, 02:22 PM
I thought about pushing for awhile...was a bit tired

ajmargarine
07-31-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't mind leading the flop here with 2nd pair and a flush draw. I would lead for $7 though. Accomplishes the same thing as a $10 bet really, and it keeps the pot smaller, making your turn decisions cheaper. I would probably lead the turn for half pot, but I am stubborn and running bad, so I am not sure that is such a good idea.