PDA

View Full Version : Recent MTT, a few questions I had.....

EMcWilliams
07-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Hello all,
Last Friday I went to a tourney at a friend of a friends house. It was a 26 man, $65 buyin, a lot of the player had a few drinks and few know much other than "ohhh bluffing is fun, I have TP, let me push." Most of the field were donks, but there was 3-4 knowledgable players around. Anyway, two questions that I had from the tourney.

1. I am short stacked, in EP, had been pushing about 1 out of 3 hands. I get AA utg, and since I was dire for chips, I decided that a Stop and Go was the best plan. Is this right? I kinda realized afterwards it probably wasnt since the play is designed to create fold equity, and I didnt want ppl to fold. Additionally, the conditions werent exactly stop and go material...should I have just open pushed?

2. When we got to the bubble, I was still short, and had the big stack next to me on the left. Is this a bad spot to try some aggresive bubble play, with the big stack to act directly after me, and has shown to be a little loose ?

Miscreant
07-31-2005, 02:19 PM
1. Without specifics I say just push, especially if you have been pushing a lot lately.

2. Its hard to be aggro as the short stack against a loose big stack, in this situation you are looking for an above average hand to double with before turning on the aggresion.