PDA

View Full Version : Two Monitor Question

yeau2
07-31-2005, 01:16 PM
This wasn't in the FAQ, and I think any post I would search for would be somewhat outdated.

Occasionly I'll load up 8 tables on Stars but my laptops resolution, although large, still makes it hard. However, a a laptop is all I have. If i purchased a monitor: A) is it possible for laptops screen to do that carry-over stuff ot the monitor and B) what software would I need.

freemoney
07-31-2005, 01:27 PM
wrong forum

MegaBet
07-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Sure it's possible. Check that you have a monitor port (most laptops will have one). If the laptop is relatively new, you will have no problem multi-screening. No extra software needed.

microbet
07-31-2005, 01:31 PM
You just want one extra monitor, plus the laptop screen?

If you have a monitor plug on your laptop, which you almost certainly do, and a newer version of windows, it is easy to add an extra monitor and have them show different things.

Just go to control panel -> display -> settings and extend the display onto the second monitor.

This is the set up I use and unfortunately, as far as I figure, I'm going to need to buy a desktop to go past 5 tabling without any overlap.

Does your laptop have 1600+ x 1600+ ?

yeau2
07-31-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm running windows xp at 1680x1050 (a widescreen laptop). Basically I 5 table on stars no trouble with 4 in the corners and one in the center with just basic overlap, but I'd rather have 4 on the laptop for on the monitor so I can see everything thats going on...I've found when I've tried to 8-table on here too much in a small space and my ROI drops significantly.

microbet
07-31-2005, 01:46 PM
I got a 23" reconditioned CRT for like $170. I'll probably end up with 2 giant monitors soon, since I'm too cheap to buy a big flat screen.