PDA

View Full Version : Desktop System

CIncyHR
07-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Hope this doesn't get posted once a week, but I tried a search and didnt turn anything up.

Right now I'm 4 tabling on a high end Dell laptop (no overlap). I'm sick of PC's and want to sell it to buy a Power Book (i need the laptop for school) but then wont be able to play poker (from what I understand virtual PC is useless for the serious player).

So I was wondering what is the absolute minimm requirement for running poker on a desktop PC? I wil be needing to run two sites (I plan on increasing my # of tables, so I wil need a second party skin) PT, and playerview I will also need to run two monitors. So what system requirements are the bare min for me, and whats the cheapest place I could by one? Any good dels on ebay? Elsewhere?

CIncyHR
07-31-2005, 03:58 PM
any help on this?

TobDog
07-31-2005, 04:25 PM
You should look for a video card instaled with 2 connections, you can add a PCI later, but mine sucks a little of the processor speed(I have 3 monitors) you really dont need much of a new system to play, most sites are not that resource intensive, if you are buying new, you may want to get at least 1g of ram, and a big anough DG for PT and any music you may have or will have, I just replaced my 256meg ram celeron 2.4 system but it worked ok, I got bigger and faster for future, and I notice the difference, but it was not necessarry. Please note, I did have problems using the old computer with Absolute(3 tables will eat your memory) and GT+ used to be the same too, so if those will be running, you would want stronger in the ram category.