PDA

View Full Version : my fav overall posters...

11-20-2001, 11:53 PM
My fav posters here...

...and some other stuff.

These are some of my favorite posters. I have left many out. Many newer posters are not here yet..but could easily be. Don't feel shorted if I have forgotten you...i have learned from most of you..

My fav posters: (not in any order)

1)Tommy Angelo (can you say "insight"?)

2)Andy Fox (well rounded and always reasonable)

3)Rick Nebiolo (the right balance between experience, theory and math)

4)Ray Zee (short on words long on wisdom)

5)Abdul (brilliant and gives his all)

6)Izmet (funny, and smart.)

7)John Feeney (doesn't post much anymore, but he has some of the best written posts in the archives that you will find)

8] SPM (don't ask me to explain it)

9)Vince! (never will you find such a likable poster who gets into so many thread wars)

10) Rounder (you really have to a stepford to understand him)

11) skp (gentle and clever spirit)

12)Tom Haley (solid from day one)

13) "M" (a real letterman)

14) Jim Brier (my vote for most altruistic poster)

15) Dan Hanson (some of the bests posts of all time)

16)Louie Landale (solid as they come)

Just my opinion. Some of you on that list are now my friends, or could be.

Oh, by the way some of you have been wondering about "Sredni Vashtar". backdoor=Sredni Vashtar. No, i did not use an editor.

Thanks to David Sklansky for pointing out a mistake I made in a post about folding with a double runner-runner with overcard draw.(this was long ago) I have never, ever, made that mistake again. (by the way its about 8-1 and up, depending on the assumptions).

Journey on.

R

11-21-2001, 09:18 AM
Backdoor,

A pity that you never followed up with your PQ concept and GUT. Would like to hear about that some more if you've time and want to share it.

BTW you're in my fav. list, and Sredni surely was also. Never expected you were the same!

Regards

11-21-2001, 01:17 PM
A nice post and you would make my fav list too. The shocker is Sredni. You have read The Open Window, too, I would guess? I love great short stories. Your Sredni has potential to really write, I think, and your poker posts were always thought-provoking--they could definitely be further expanded to cover or to break some important ground.

11-21-2001, 09:05 PM
I em jist gled ewe think I kin right good wtout thet Id half to resorte two incite or brileunce or summptin!

11-22-2001, 05:10 AM
you never followed up with your PQ concept and GUT. Would like to hear about that some more if you've time and want to share it.

It's a heck of a lot of work with no reward, but I might get back to that later.

Maybe I'll sick Sredni on it.

Regards.

11-22-2001, 05:17 AM
The shocker is Sredni. You have read The Open Window, too, I would guess? I love great short stories. Your Sredni has potential to really write

Yes, I have read the Open Window. One of his best.

Sredni lost his will to post after the powers that be took away his ability to HTML, especially pics.

Regards.

11-22-2001, 05:33 AM
You haven't been posting lately, but you DO realize that Mark Glover's editor is now available?

You, he, and Sredni could team up to write. Say a children's book. Now there's a book with some bite.

Regards.

11-22-2001, 07:37 AM
"It's a heck of a lot of work with no reward, but I might get back to that later."

It surely is, but hey.... your reward is me putting hours of thinking in YOUR concept (I believe that would have been enough for Schopenhauer when he first published his book ;-)

But seriously....I (and I think many others) hope you get back to it, it was very thoughtfull (and ~provoking) work.

"Maybe I'll sick Sredni on it"

Allright!

Regards

11-22-2001, 10:16 AM
It is unfortunate that Mr.Hanson feels that he must stay away because his political opinions are pro-German. You can make the inference.

11-22-2001, 12:08 PM
Backdoor,

My two ferrets, Ozzie and Harry, salute Sredni, and I await more of that delightfully modulated syntax employed by "him."

John

11-22-2001, 03:59 PM
cd,

That is not even close to the correct or whole story and you know it.

Dan Hanson was a great and enlightened poster and it was unfortunate unwarranted personal attacks put him in a position where he decided it was best to stop posting.

Regards,

Rick

11-22-2001, 04:19 PM
Posters I miss:

Abdul: Doesn't post much here any more, except when provoked. Too bad for us.

Izmet: The Fekali enema will forever be a part of my vocabulary.

Sredni: My all-time favorite poster. Delightful use of language, wonderful insight into poker and other human endeavors, and, indirectly, introduced me to Reginald, Clovis and other wonderful and wondrous people and things.

11-22-2001, 11:14 PM
I thought that pit bull thing was just a joke. /images/wink.gif

I hope they haven't hurt him yet.

(notice, sadly, the use of "I")

Regards.

11-22-2001, 11:21 PM
Sredni: My all-time favorite poster. Delightful use of language, wonderful insight into poker and other human endeavors, and, indirectly, introduced me to Reginald, Clovis and other wonderful and wondrous people and things.

Its beyond me why you like Sredni so much. He has delusions of granduer (he thinks he's a god), he is overly spiritual(yet not beyond killing...ask Mrs. De Ropp), and quite frankly he doesn't know anything about poker that I didn't teach him. Not to mention he plays his rockn roll too damn loud.

Ok, maybe I'm just jealous.

Regards.

11-22-2001, 11:33 PM
My two ferrets, Ozzie and Harry, salute Sredni

Sredni reminds Ozzie and Harry to please refrain from saluting commanding officers while in a combat zone. "The Oracle of the Ferret" foretells that Poker Veteran has snipers looming behind the gooseberry bushes.

Sredni Vashtar

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">Sredni Vashtar went forth,

His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.

His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.

Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.</FONT>

11-22-2001, 11:52 PM
It has to be Jim Brier 10 times. Whan is the last time you saw Iamet and Abdul....last yr?

11-23-2001, 01:29 AM
backdoor,

You wrote:

"You haven't been posting lately..."

You also wrote:

"...you DO realize that Mark Glover's editor is now available?" [1]

Can you see a possible connection here?

[1] Re: my fav overall posters... backdoor, Thursday, 22 November 2001, 4:33 a.m.

11-23-2001, 02:13 AM
I respectively disagree.

11-23-2001, 03:45 AM

11-23-2001, 11:54 AM
You doofus!(Not you, Rick, this other clown!)

Dan Hanson is a good personal friend. You have no clue what you're talking about. I'm surprised that I'm even wasting my time responding to that drivel.

11-23-2001, 02:58 PM
Really, you thought I was joking. No, backdoor, the pitbull and ferrets co-exist nicely.

John

11-23-2001, 11:37 PM
Can you see a possible connection here?

Not without my special batman lenses.

Regards.

11-24-2001, 01:34 AM
Mr.Hanson should not have gone on about his hatred for the Soviets to the extent that he supported the Nazis. That is not enlightened at all. I am not surprised that those of Jewish heritage found it very disturbing.

11-24-2001, 06:46 PM
What about Rudolph? Rudolph with your nose so bright won't you post on 2 + 2 tonite? Oh how the others loved him and they shouted out with glee Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer you belong in poster history. Remember that foggy christmas day mighty Oz came out to say "Mason with your head so big Rudolph's my favorite, not that Porky Pig! Bada, bada, bada, That's not all folks"

Rudolph the red handed poster doesn't like ol Ray Zee, Rudolph the red nosed poster's favorite is Uncle Vinnie. So when you other posters make a favorite list you see, you better make me number one there or Santa will forget all of thee.

Now I'm gonna say goodbye. I guess that will make you happy. But I don't really care cause I'm my favorite poster to you see!

Vince

P.S. I like Mason best of all as a poster cause he's cute.

11-28-2001, 12:01 AM
Sieg Heil!Or should that be Sieg Hanson!

11-28-2001, 04:17 AM
What did Dan Hanson, an excellent writer about poker, do to incur all this wrath? I must have missed an entire episode.

(By the way, Simon : you should learn how to spell your own name.)