PDA

View Full Version : flush playing against weak table

Wynton
07-31-2005, 12:44 PM
I was at this table for a few minutes and my reads were that the players were UNUSUALLY loose, passive, bad. Considering that, did I misplay any streets?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

RunDownHouse
07-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Raise the river.

Wynton
07-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Oops, I apologize I did leave out one bit of key information:

BB not only was bad, but he was making silly, fancy plays. Once before, I saw him raise pf with AK, check to his sole opponent when the flop had a K, then donk-bet the turn, and then check the river. So I actually had some reason to think that he might have been slow-playing a higher flush.

With that background, is raising the river still appropriate? And I'm curious about the turn: regardless of what happened, should I have bet the turn?

CIncyHR
07-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Preflop, I think the call is a little loose, anybody agree? Cant be too bad, but abe not optimal.

I'm raising this river, and calling a 3 bet against bad opponents.

krishanleong
07-31-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with extra background. It's very very very very easy too.

Krishan

vinnox
07-31-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I'm curious about the turn: regardless of what happened, should I have bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against an LP table with a hand that can't win UI, no. And raise the river.

Poldi
07-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Raising this river is a must. You cant fear monsters because he does fancy stuff. The flop got checked through, his bet might just be a shot at the pot.
If he reraises, I cap this! You wont lose to a bigger flush often. When you do, you will lose a lot of money but when you are always scared of a bigger flush, you will lose a lot more by missing easy value.

Wynton
07-31-2005, 03:52 PM
I've been completely convinced that a river raise was best.

Given my description of the table, is everyone ok with limping with this hand pf?

party36master
07-31-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given my description of the table, is everyone ok with limping with this hand pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably call from button as 4th caller. CO as 3rd caller seems too loose w/96s.

RunDownHouse
07-31-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with extra background. It's very very very very easy too.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.