PDA

View Full Version : AA OOP and not happy Live 500NL

kurosh
07-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Blinds are 2-5. I straddle. Two people call. Button raises to 40. Blinds fold. I reraise to 100 with black AA. Only button calls.

We both have around 1k. Button is ok. He raises any group 1-3 hand in any position and some crap too then always continuation bets. His bet sizes postflop correlate to whether or not he hit, ie small bets = he missed, big bets = he hit. He has been raising a lot PF.

Flop is Q T x with 2 hearts. I bet 200. He calls.

Turn is another Q. What do I do?

flawless_victory
07-31-2005, 12:34 PM
your PF reraise is waywayway too small... unspeakably horrible to raise that little with these exact stack sizes. HORRIBLE. you have ruined the entire hand.
check the turn... tell us what he does...

kurosh
07-31-2005, 12:37 PM
I check and he checks behind.

River is a small heart, maybe a 7. Now what?

Why is the reraise so bad? If I raise more, isn't he going to get away from nearly every hand besides KK?

flawless_victory
07-31-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Button is ok. His bet sizes postflop correlate to whether or not he hit, ie small bets = he missed, big bets = he hit.

[/ QUOTE ]he doesnt sound ok to me... sounds like he sucks bad.
i would bet 225 and fold if moves in.

Slappz
07-31-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why is the reraise so bad? If I raise more, isn't he going to get away from nearly every hand besides KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is gettin good odds to hit a flop and knows ur hand, so he can call with a wide range of hands to try and bust u.

RollaJ
07-31-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is gettin good odds to hit a flop and knows ur hand, so he can call with a wide range of hands to try and bust u.

[/ QUOTE ]

He straddled not L/RR, I agree the raise is too small, but it doesnt define his hand that clearly

creedofhubris
07-31-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop is Q T x with 2 hearts. I bet 200. He calls.

Turn is another Q. What do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check and call.

Make it $150 or so preflop to kill his odds, tho.