PDA

View Full Version : LAG at Party 2-4

revlis87
07-31-2005, 10:52 AM
i am naturally inclined to think that playing LAG with my skill level at reading flop texture, players, etc is effective. However, sometimes i expect someone to throw away top pair, for example, and when they dont i realize that perhaps my game is better suited for higher stakes. While, i dont have any intention of risking my BR like that, is LAG at 2-4 effective and what adjustments should I make to my game... thanks!

-Skeme-
07-31-2005, 11:05 AM
I've tried bluffs on players at my limit, $100 NL, and realized they rarely work. I also think it's because I'm on a higher thinking level than my opponent who limp-calls out of position with 6 high. Then I realized you can't just expect people to know when they should fold, as you're often against idiots who don't fold ever.

I don't like the idea of categorizing a whole level as folders or not. You just need to watch your opponents individually and recognize whether or not they themselves can be pushed around.

the 9
07-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Just a quick post as I'm playing the 2/4 level atm -

General opponents are:

1. Regulars and/or mutiltablers
2. Bigger game players moved down
3. Weak tight fish
4. Loose Aggro fish

LAG works fairly well against 3 out of the 4 types.

Make sure you're properly bankrolled, not playing 'scared LAG' and can change gears when you need to. IMO good LAG play is the hardest to learn and you have to be comfortable with the swings and all the f'd up situations you'll be getting yourself into /images/graemlins/laugh.gif