PDA

View Full Version : Good laydown KK?

kapw7
07-31-2005, 09:59 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

2 villains are very LAG raising/coldcalling any A hand preflop and typically slowplaying big hands or aces postflop (very nice of them).

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

After the 2 calls I start not to like my kings but there's always the flush draw possibility

Turn: (6.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Any reason to bet here? I can't see anyone folding their Ax or flush card and I fear a C-R.

River: (6.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

No problem calling this HU but with the MP behind me I don't like it. Too weak or good fold?

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

Poldi
07-31-2005, 11:10 AM
I call this and fold if MP raises. If you lost, you got away with it very cheaply but there is a good chance you win.

MP as LAG-openraiser can have a wide range of hands, so does CO when he coldcalls any A hand preflop. He will coldcall a lot more than that. It sounds a bit like you want us to say that it was a good fold with your reads.

Remember that noone liked their hand after the flop so folding KK seems pretty weak for 1 bet.

Surfbullet
07-31-2005, 11:15 AM
I'd bet the turn. Many of these players will peel the flop looking to improve, and you'll get paid by nearly any /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Given that your opponents are LAG, if I don't bet the turn, then I'm definitely calling the river because I'll often induce a bluff from a mediocre made hand or /images/graemlins/club.gif that whiffed on the river.

Surf

kapw7
07-31-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds a bit like you want us to say that it was a good fold with your reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. I think I miscalculated the pot odds and folded. Anyway I wanted to confirm that it was not correct.
In the hand I was lucky: MP had 77 and CO had 66 for a flopped set (!!) which proves that my reads were not accurate enough. Although I was correct about the idiotic slowplaying plan. /images/graemlins/grin.gif