PDA

View Full Version : AQo in SB...did I misplay this hand twice?

SirFelixCat
07-31-2005, 08:47 AM
Local live poker club game. $1/$2 PL Dealer's choice (HE, O/b, Omaha). MP plays loosely preflop, but tightens up postflop. Button is about the same. More aggressive than MP though. Postflop, they are both solid TAG's.

I have @$400 in the SB, MP has @$200, Button @$300.

1 caller, then MP calls the $2, 1 more caller and Button raises to $12 (standard preflop raise for the table). I look down to find A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I call as does MP.

Question #1, do I reraise here for information or smooth call as I did?

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check (mistake?), MP bets the pot ($41) and button folds.

My play is:?

In hindsight, I feel that I may have misplayed this hand both times the action was to me. I feel that I should have reraised preflop to get information on the button at the risk of driving out the rest of the table. Had I done this, maybe (probably) MP folds and I can take control of this hand. I wasn't sure what to make of the bet. He may have flopped a small set or had a baby flush. Then again, it could be a bluff. I really was not sure. Either way, I am drawing to a 4-flush only getting 2:1 on my money, and if it comes, I will get no action. But, had I reraised preflop, I would not have put myself in this position. But, since I had, should I have bet the flop? Checking encourages a bluff at the pot, which MP was capable of doing. So, was that mistake #2?

NYCNative
07-31-2005, 08:54 AM
I generally don't consider AQ a reraising hand - especially out of position! - but I would have called it to see a flop unless I knew villain only raised with JJ or better (and that's probably not the case).

You pretty much nailed the flop so I don't mind you checking it and then raising it big if you're pretty sure that one of the two would lead. Even if he hit a set you've got a load of outs.

SirFelixCat
07-31-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I generally don't consider AQ a reraising hand - especially out of position! -

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. Maybe, when looking back over the hand, I am just thinking that I should have reraised, having known the flop and letting that influence my thinking....

amoeba
07-31-2005, 11:05 AM
I like check raise all in on the flop.

usually I fold AQo to a raise but you can try reraising if villain is known to fold hands like 99, TT that you are coinflip with.