PDA

View Full Version : KJ with one card flushdraw vs donks

MrEngenic
07-31-2005, 07:32 AM
Both players are loose aggressive and have made some really retarded plays.

Absolute 2/4 6 max

Hero is SB with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop: CO calls, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop (3 SB) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, BB calls, CO calls

Turn (2.75 BB) 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Hero bets or checks?

This is a typical check/call vs these guys right?

thesharpie
07-31-2005, 07:38 AM
I usually raise preflop, but it sounds like the villains might play back postflop so I don't mind the limp here. Check call the turn.

Tropex
07-31-2005, 07:40 AM
These are always a bit troublesome I think. I've raised often in these situations and got it back in my face when they showed 72o or something. I'd probably bet/call one reraise here (or fold, depends on reads on opponents), but I'm often overly aggressive.

timprov
07-31-2005, 07:46 AM
Betting this doesn't accomplish anything. Check-calling is maybe ok, but in limited situations -- if BB bets and CO calls you have a call, but anything other than that you have to consider a fold. It would really suck to call a CO bet and have BB checkraise, for instance. Having either one fold isn't much better.

This pot's pretty darn small, and I wouldn't be too sad about getting out of it.

thesharpie
07-31-2005, 08:31 AM
If it goes bet fold it's an easy peel, and maybe peel if it's check call unless the checker is prone to check raise alot. You more than just your flush outs as there's a slim chance you're ahead and a larger chance you have top pair outs. Even with just flush outs you'll frequently pick up a bet or two against these lags, especially if someone has something like Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.