PDA

View Full Version : Multitabling NL

pokerjoker
07-31-2005, 07:27 AM
how many tables can you do? Im playing 3-4 200NL tables right now and I was wondering if it is profitable for anyone to move beyond that. Seems difficult for me but I am wondering if anyone is making a good ammount of money
6-12 tabling.

NL only please.

SirFelixCat
07-31-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how many tables can you do? Im playing 3-4 200NL tables right now and I was wondering if it is profitable for anyone to move beyond that. Seems difficult for me but I am wondering if anyone is making a good ammount of money
6-12 tabling.

NL only please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying it is not done and not done well, but IMO, multitabling NL is a very poor idea. NL is so much more read dependant than limit is...I can't see getting good reads on 4+ tables. If you are, GB ya /images/graemlins/wink.gif I think doing more than you are is a bad idea. I think you could make more BB/100 but improving reads instead of adding tables.

jkkkk
07-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Multi-tabling is perfectly fine as long as you are comfortable with the amount of thinking involved with each new table added. It infact helps me concentrate as anything less than 4 tables bores me to tears, I recommend 4+ at the ABC levels if your upto it.

Don't force yourself.

bkholdem
07-31-2005, 09:36 AM
I am multitabling (4 tables) limits below 200 right now and will tell you with 100% certainty that it is not humanly possible for someone to produce 4 times my win rate single tabling.

I purchased a 2nd monitor to run off my lap top so I could 8 table but couldn't get it to work (screen kept blacking out,etc) so I returned it. When I buy another computer I will have someone who can diagnose and work through issues with video cards, etc set it up with 2 screens so I can go ahead and 8 table.

You might not be able to do it, but it is being done profitably by others.

webmonarch
07-31-2005, 10:12 AM
I play 4-5, and I find that more than that keeps me from making good plays on a consistent basis at NL.