PDA

View Full Version : Possible leak?

baronzeus
07-31-2005, 06:34 AM
Does anyone check the turn with the intention of checkraising? Just curious. Trying to extract max value with my monsters.

What if the board wasn't 3flushed?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (6.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot:

8.66 BB

marand
07-31-2005, 06:39 AM
I would play it the same, I don't like going for a turn ch/r in this situation.

Getting it checked through really sucks since any heart has 9 outs against you. Also getting 3-bet would suck, can you trust him to have the flush so you can safely fold?

baronzeus
07-31-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Getting it checked through really sucks since any heart has 9 outs against you. Also getting 3-bet would suck, can you trust him to have the flush so you can safely fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be a good board to try for a turn check/raise?

ALL1N
07-31-2005, 06:44 AM
Hell no. Betting here is critical, since so many hands have lots of outs against you, so unless you've got a rock-solid read you gotta bet it. Your hand is not a "monster" on this board.

If it wasn't 3-flushed it would be a little different, and not too bad a play, but betting will never be a "leak".

marand
07-31-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be a good board to try for a turn check/raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

K842 rainbow would be a good board. You want an opponent who would bet any pair and then call you down. But even with a good board and aggressive opponent, betting is not a leak.

timprov
07-31-2005, 06:55 AM
It would be a leak if you played this any other way.

baronzeus
07-31-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be a leak if you played this any other way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am relieved to hear this. I'm gonna go back to reading, because right now, I suck.

goofball
07-31-2005, 09:24 AM
How often is the turn going to get checked around, and the 4th heart will rriver and you will vomit? Also, button has a hard time betting here wihtout the flush. Also, if you c/r button is laying down a lot of hands he wouldn't otherwise lay down. Basically, a checkraise strikes me as FPS in it's purest form.

Guy McSucker
07-31-2005, 02:28 PM
How 'bout if our hero was holding the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif?

Guy.

SomethingClever
07-31-2005, 02:33 PM
This is a bad turn to checkraise because of the third heart. Just bet here.

Checkraising the turn with a good hand should be done sparingly, against a specific type of opponent (thinking LAGs).

ggbman
07-31-2005, 02:37 PM
This would be a bad time to try to C/R, as your hand is vunerable, especially to hearts. A good time to C/R here is when the board has less draws, and you have at least 2 players to act after your check, hopefully they are aggressive. Then you are much more likely to extract more value from the hand.

wheeler
07-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Far too dangerous to checkraise the turn. The place to go for a checkraise, if anywhere, is the river, and I don't think that succeeds often enough to be profitable against your typical 3/6 opponent.