PDA

View Full Version : New Blog Entry...Poker Trip Decision Making...

07-31-2005, 06:18 AM
See the original post at: Original Post (http://rakewarrior.blog.com)

Right now, I am going crazy trying to decide if I am going to make the trip to Turning Stone to play in the Empire State Poker Tournaments. The trip as a whole would cost about $6000 to go and play each event, including hotel, airfare, etc. I am thinking about selling off half of my action for $300 per unit, and selling 10 units, which will each be worth 5% of my return, but I would much prefer to fund the trip myself.

Due to my age, I am not able to go anywhere and play. The proposed structure for these tournaments seems decent for the buy-ins, but I'm not sure dumping $1200-1500 to get there and stay for a week makes for a very profitable situation, given the fact that the main even will probably have at most 200 people. I would like to get some more live experience, as the tournaments in my area are pretty horrible.

One thing I am considering is just going up there with $1500 or so, and seeing what I can qualify for. I would imagine that the satellites are very soft. I would imagine I would be able to win my way into all of the events for about $1000, based on my live satellite results here at home. I suppose it's worth a shot to try to do that. Worst case scenario is I lose around $3000, and come home with some good live experience. However, I normally fare very well in live tournaments, so we'll see.

I am gearing up to get started early this week, as I stated in my first post. Hopefully things will get off to a good start, and a Turning Stone trip would be less of a burden to the bankroll.

Let me know what you guys think.
RakeWarrior

whiskeytown
07-31-2005, 06:55 AM
I think it's exceptionally unlikely you'll be able to sell any action here on this website -

RB

07-31-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's exceptionally unlikely you'll be able to sell any action here on this website -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. My post wasn't an attempt to do so, it was just another post from my blog that I cross-post here on 2+2. I actually plan to fund the trip on my own if I decide to go, but selling part of my action was another small possibility.

RakeWarrior