PDA

View Full Version : movie review: primer

mike l.
07-31-2005, 05:31 AM
it was okay. i wouldnt watch it again. it couldve been a lot better because it's a good idea. stylistically it's pretty good. it takes way too long to build up to anything interesting happening. most people on here would like it, especially math and science geeks.

Saddlepoint
07-31-2005, 05:36 AM
Thanks. Been interested in this one for a while.

Where did you get ahold of it?

Dr. StrangeloveX
07-31-2005, 06:17 AM
pretty much ditto. though the plot was pretty damn complicated and i'm no dummy.

if you listen to the commentary it's pretty amazing it was a good as it is. it was made by like 6 people, cost basically nothing, and they used like 77 minutes of ~81 that were shot. almost no multiple takes.

mike l.
07-31-2005, 03:39 PM

DeezNuts
08-02-2005, 03:42 AM
This movie confused me to no end. But I enjoy being confused if the movie sounds smart. I especially respect at the quality of the movie and acting for the amount of money they used. The actions they take when they find that the machine works all was very realistic as it started with the normal confusion, worked up to playing the stock market, saving lives, and then basically going above and beyond. Enjoyable.

DN

threeonefour
08-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Primer (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/) link for plot description/cast [imdb.com] for those unfamiliar with the film