PDA

View Full Version : changing pushing standards for weekend nights?

morgan180
07-31-2005, 04:06 AM
i don't know if people get a few beers in them and go spite calling on friday and saturday, but i've seen so many loose calls from the blinds on stars at the 6 & 15 dollar games. since the people seem to be calling with looser hands how do you change your normal push-bot strategy at the bubble?

I say tighten up to any Ax where x > 7 and then any top 20% of cards. Any thoughts?

astarck
07-31-2005, 07:55 AM
That seems way to tight to me, especially on the bubble.

With that being said, I do often find myself getting called by garbage more on weekend nights than I do any other night of the week. Tonight I was called by 84o on the bubble. 84o sucked out to win and I got the response of "I knew I'd catch you."

....Maybe I should tighten up a little on the weekend.

brimstone1
07-31-2005, 08:10 AM
Hey.
If he knew, he knew. Ok? (lol)

Yeah, weekend nights seem to be full of hansens, brunsons, lederers, iveys, etc. It's as if every poker pro's illegitimate child is playing poker online, and being very clever by calling with 35s, KQo, etc.

I just try to imagine there's a bank somewhere where all my sklanskybucks are being gathered, and one day they'll be converted into USD and transferred to me by correct play.