PDA

View Full Version : AK in the BB on a paired flop

Luzion
07-31-2005, 04:03 AM
This was the first hand I played after sitting down at this table so I did not have any reads or info on anyone.

How well/bad did I play this on the turn and river? Thanks for any comments. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

JoshuaD
07-31-2005, 04:10 AM
Looks good to me.

yanicehand
07-31-2005, 04:12 AM
I just call the turn c/r and call the river. It sucks to get shown 6-rag in these situations, but I don't really see him c/ring with a worse hand, and it seems like you're way ahead or way behind. So I try and get to showdown cheaply.

JoshuaD
07-31-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just call the turn c/r and call the river. It sucks to get shown 6-rag in these situations, but I don't really see him c/ring with a worse hand, and it seems like you're way ahead or way behind. So I try and get to showdown cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]

He raised preflop. He's much more likely to have an A here. The only reason we're not raising the river is because AT and AJ have us beat.

yanicehand
07-31-2005, 04:32 AM
ur totally right... swapped the preflop action in my head, heh. the donkbet on the river probably means ur beat so i agree with a call and not a raise. love everything else.

clownshoes
07-31-2005, 04:32 AM
Looks about right

Luzion
07-31-2005, 04:34 AM
Wow, so many comments so quickly. Thanks guys!

I also had the same thought pattern. I was pretty sure he did not have a 6, so I had 3bet the turn. Once he bet into me on the river, I was thinking crap... he better not have AJ. So I just called. He showed me AJ.

Oh well, at least I felt happy I sorta figured out his hand. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif