PDA

View Full Version : Did i make a horrible or good river call?

benneh
07-31-2005, 03:46 AM
Still learning Omaha and i've been doing pretty good. Only a few losing sessions, but overall i'm up quite a bit and it seems much more profitable than any of the other games.

Would you have raised this flop? I don't see a reason to raise the turn. Is the river a fold, or would you stick with your UI set?

I have villain covered in this hand by $10 or so.

Hero is MP3 with J /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

4 limpers and blinds check. flop is 6-handed and comes down [ J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

Pot = $1.50
Checked to UTG+1 who bets $1.50. Hero raises to $4. folded to UTG+1 who flat calls.

Turn is 2-handed and comes down K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Pot = $9.50

Villain bets pot $9.05
Hero calls

Pot = $27.60

River is a blank 3c

Villain puts me all in for $17.xx and I call.

Comments?

beset7
07-31-2005, 04:50 AM
Includes reads por favor.

If he's a nut peddler i'm ghost on the river.

benneh
07-31-2005, 05:00 AM
villain is solid player and we both respect eachother at the table. has folded middle set on a drawless board to my top set and has overall shown great ability to make good laydowns with big hands (not typical of the normal PL 25 omaha players). until this hand, he had never really been the aggressor in any hands with me.

Acesover8s
07-31-2005, 05:08 AM
I'm allin on the turn, if he's got the nut straight I have plenty of outs and I don't want to think about folding the river if I don't have to.

TheRempel
07-31-2005, 05:25 AM
You have lots of outs against the nut straight on the turn and he may fold Q9. You should be pushing here 100% of the time.

beset7
07-31-2005, 05:28 AM
given how he played the turn and his read on the player it's an easy river fold though, no?