PDA

View Full Version : What adjustments does an STT player needs to make to do well in MTTs

DMACM
07-31-2005, 03:37 AM
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who had success in STTs and then moved on to MTTs.

I feel like the STT tournys have a rigid strategy which I have somewhat of a grasp on. MTTs seem to be more open to different styles however. For instance, from what I know about STT its extremely important to be tight early on. In MTTs it seems that some good players play relatively loose throughout. What definate adjustments should I make to my STT strategy in order to do well in MTTs? Thanks.

ilikeaces
07-31-2005, 04:57 AM
less pushing more postlop game. And a hell of a lot more patience.

Degen
07-31-2005, 05:05 AM
i do them both...and did a lot of SNG stuff before getting serious about MTT play

its pretty much the same thing, but slower and more drawn out...and a lot more post-flop play--and a lot more reading your opponents...and a lot more small raises instead of just pushing, due to the large number of chips in play

my #1 Fav MTT play that hardly ever gets used in SNG play is Re-Stealing with total garbage. Also calling raises PF or on the flop w/ the intention of bluffing later...in a SNG there are just not enuff chips to do this 'fancy' stuff....but late MTT there are tons of chips in relation to the blinds.

GL