PDA

View Full Version : Beating up on weak tight nits.

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 03:18 AM
5-5 nl at fw, i have 18k villain has about 20k. He is supposedly a "pro" but he is a terribly weak tight nut peddler( Wont raise oop, wont chase draws..pretty boring set miner). Ive been beating up on him and stealing from him for the past couple hours, in general ive been going out of my way to play him.I have also been playing very LAG and bullying the table around, resulting in my being able to get my big hands paid off a lot.
I can sense hes fixing to play back at me, he's muttering stuff to himself and shaking his head.
He is UTG i am in mp.
He raises to 35(standard). I reraise to 150 with 94s, loooking to end it here or proceed with caution, if called. Every one else folds. He calls, which is certainly JJ or better.
Flop is 92K rainbow, 1 spade. He leads for 200. I make it 1k. He calls.
Turn is 3s. He checks. I bet 3k, he makes it 7k. My action?

AZK
07-31-2005, 03:21 AM
all-in. Hit non-board-pairing spade on river. Give him home address to ship chips and cash. Go to bathroom and rinse off. nh.

technologic
07-31-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is supposedly a "pro" but he is a terribly weak tight nut peddler( Wont raise oop, wont chase draws..pretty boring set miner).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He calls, which is certainly JJ or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

call and pray for a spade?

technologic
07-31-2005, 03:24 AM
this has probably been answered before,

but do people usually sit down there with 4000bb?

rheaume
07-31-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the noob question but fw =?

technologic
07-31-2005, 03:34 AM
foxwoods i assume

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the noob question but fw =?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and Foxwoods.

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
all-in. Hit non-board-pairing spade on river. Give him home address to ship chips and cash. Go to bathroom and rinse off. nh.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only set that he could have here is KK and that is unlikely because of his turn CR. I have been raising his lead a lot and he would def lead with a set on the turn so if i raise he can move in.

technologic
07-31-2005, 03:48 AM
this is tough. if villain does have that weak a hand, he probably won't pay you off on the river if you hit, and is not guaranteed to fold on the turn if you push. i probably just give it up here...but maybe i'm a weak tight nit.

fimbulwinter
07-31-2005, 03:59 AM
fold barring a physical read.

there are much better ways to cannabalize nits than playing bad cards against them whenthey know you're gunning for them.

fim

creedofhubris
07-31-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

He raises to 35(standard). I reraise to 150 with 94s, loooking to end it here or proceed with caution, if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're betting $150 to win $50 here...

Of course, judging from your description of how the hand played out, you're not "proceeding with caution", so it doesn't really matter.

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 05:02 AM
Sorry, i meant to put quotes around that phrase.

jcmoussa
07-31-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5-5 nl at fw, i have 18k villain has about 20k. He is supposedly a "pro" but he is a terribly weak tight nut peddler( Wont raise oop, wont chase draws..pretty boring set miner). Ive been beating up on him and stealing from him for the past couple hours, in general ive been going out of my way to play him.I have also been playing very LAG and bullying the table around, resulting in my being able to get my big hands paid off a lot.
I can sense hes fixing to play back at me, he's muttering stuff to himself and shaking his head.
He is UTG i am in mp.
He raises to 35(standard). I reraise to 150 with 94s, loooking to end it here or proceed with caution, if called. Every one else folds. He calls, which is certainly JJ or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You reraised with 94s in hopes to take it down there, a $35 raise? I dont see the point in this. You labeled him as a nut peddler and he min raised you on the turn, what other action is there other than to fold?

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 05:14 AM
Uh move in/ call...folding is bad here i think.

Subfallen
07-31-2005, 05:33 AM
Say he has AA...how much fold equity do you think a push has?

vulturesrow
07-31-2005, 05:34 AM
Dumb SSNL player question, but does anyone considering taking the free card on the turn? Given your description of the villain, I would guess he is ahead of you at that point. Only reason I can think not to take the free card is because he may not pay off if you hit your spade on the river, but I cant see any other negative.

creedofhubris
07-31-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is UTG i am in mp.

[/ QUOTE ]

You reraised with 94s in hopes to take it down there, a $35 raise? I dont see the point in this. You labeled him as a nut peddler and he min raised you on the turn, what other action is there other than to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Badguy has a pair and has picked up a flush draw, so he's got outs.

Ulysses
07-31-2005, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5-5 nl at fw, i have 18k villain has about 20k.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have also been playing very LAG and bullying the table around, resulting in my being able to get my big hands paid off a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't buy this at all. Guy is playing 20k stack and you are playing LAG. And you claim he will throw away pairs < JJ for $150? This does not make any sense at all.

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 06:28 AM
The guy is extremely weak tight, other fw'ers weigh in about Doug please?An EP raise and then calling a reraise from him is nothing but a Big pair(>JJ) or Ak, AQ is prolly the worst hand he could have, but is very very unlikely.

Ulysses
07-31-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy is extremely weak tight, other fw'ers weigh in about Doug please?An EP raise and then calling a reraise from him is nothing but a Big pair(>JJ) or Ak, AQ is prolly the worst hand he could have, but is very very unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand of course why I'm skeptical about someone playing 18k effective stacks treating a bet of 150 as a "reraise" worthy of folding anything. It's not like you guys are really playing 5-5 here. 150 is a BS bet w/ 20k stacks. I just don't buy that someone playing 20k stack here doesn't see a flop with a pair for 150. Folding AQ is much easier to believe.

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 06:53 AM
Yea i know what you mean, and i will call that with just about any 2 against a lotta players, but him calling that raise outta position, combined with how he plays, def means he has something. If he limp-called his hand range would be a lot larger obviously but a raise UTG and then a call is not a BS hand, even tho it is a BS amount of money compared to stacks.
Maybe i was unclear in my original post. The combination of raise-call means better than JJ(or AK), not just his call of my reraise.

AnyutaDva
07-31-2005, 06:54 AM
Which card on the flop is the spade? I think it makes a big difference. Either he has his hand on the flop and he's made a decision he's going to check raise you on the turn to 'teach you a lesson.' In that case you can probably call because your bet if the flush hits on the river looks like a desperate bluff and you probably get paid. The only way he can have hit the river (given the way you have described his play) is if he has AK of spades, well this makes life harder because now you can hit your flush on the river and get broken.

dopp16
07-31-2005, 10:01 AM
if he is weak tight then it is safe to assume that you may be beat or else he has the nut draw so your spades are no good. If your read is that he is looking to make a move becausew youve been pushing him around then he would reraise on the nut draw which means that he may have flopped his king and picked up spades also on the turn...just a thought

flawless_victory
07-31-2005, 10:24 AM
in this hand, i would not have bet the turn unless i had a physical tell that made me think he couldnt stand the heat... given the way you played it, i would call the turn...
allin on river if you make a flush, fold if you miss... he gotta have KK/99, right?
if you moved in and he folded in the actual hand, you are my effing hero... i will fly to foxwoods tomorrow and take half youre action in this game if youll be so generous as allow me.

THWAP!
07-31-2005, 11:29 AM
[/ QUOTE ]
The only set that he could have here is KK and that is unlikely because of his turn CR. I have been raising his lead a lot and he would def lead with a set on the turn so if i raise he can move in.

[/ QUOTE ]

one thing confuses me here. why can't he have KK? after all, KK is well within the hand range that you put him on? you say he'd lead out with a set on the turn. but why wouldn't it be the case that his way of getting in the money against a lag is to lead the flop, get raised, then get the checkraise in on the turn. this makes even more sense if any of the following are true: (1) he views the board as so raggedy that taking this kind of line is ok as opposed to reraising on the flop (ie, he views giving a free/cheap card on the turn as not a problem, and he thinks you're likely to bet any turn), (2) he thinks that you might pick up on a bet-and-reraise as completely a set (this especially matters if he's already done this to you or any other deepstack during the session or other sessions), (3) he might especially think bet/reraise turn after already bet/calling flop completely gives away that you have a set.

I guess my point is that, given your read, unless he's completely incapable of variation or adjusting to his read of your read of his play, KK is less out of the question than you make it seem.

cero_z
07-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi thabadguy,

Everything you've said about this hand and your opponent sounds like just about no opponent I've played against. Your physical (and contextual) read is what matters here.

Based on your general description of the events so far, here's what I think. I think he has the nuts here. I think if he doesn't have the nuts, he has a set, AA, or AsKs (not clear if that's possible based on the board). I think he's not folding if you push.

You know if he'll pay off enough to make this worth your while if you hit the flush. You know if he can't possibly have the nut flush draw and a pair. You know if you'll go broke if a board-pairing spade falls on the river. You know if you'll have some other bluffing opportunity on the river.

Regarding your post:

[ QUOTE ]
[He's a] pretty boring set miner...He calls, which is certainly JJ or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

--How does he not call with any pocket pair then? I don't care how weak-tight he is; he must be willing to get his money in with a set against a LAG.

[ QUOTE ]
I can sense hes fixing to play back at me...he is a terribly weak tight nut peddler

[/ QUOTE ]

--Terribly weak-tight nut peddlers don't play back at people; they wait till they have the nuts (in this case, 99 will do) and play the hand a little faster than you would. How does his check-raise on the turn not reflect KK?

[ QUOTE ]
Uh move in/ call...folding is bad here i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Move in? How is he going to fold for 10K more after finding a hand worth 8000 up to this point? If he's played AA like this so far (which is the only hand I think he can have that he'd consider folding), then I don't think he's willing to lay it down to you.

[ QUOTE ]
[His hand is] certainly JJ or better... Flop is 92K rainbow...He leads for 200. I make it 1K.

[/ QUOTE ]

--So he's 3 to 4 to have AA or top set, and you want to lay 2 to 1 to pick up the pot with no pair/no draw? I don't get it, man, but I guess you won this hand. Please post the results and more about your read, so I can understand what you were doing here.

joel2006
07-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Judging from your own description of the hand, you are either a complete action freak or just plain don't like money. You have to call 4k to win 12k, if he has TPTK and no FD, your river spade is good and you have 14 outs, other wise only five outs against TPTK w/flush draw. You didn't state why you don't think folding is an option. His play looks like a set to me, at worst AK of spades. You have noted that he doesn't like to play oop, yet he just called your flop raise and then hit you with a giant turn CR.You say he is 'supposedly' a pro, like you don't believe it, you also seem to have no respect for how he plays, labeling him a 'nut-peddler' and a 'set miner' and noting that he won't raise oop and wont chase draws. While his play might seem 'boring' to you, I can almost guarantee you that he makes a lot of money. As Harrington notes in HOH, people who play tightly tend to be very consistent winners at NL, and particularly in uncapped games. Especially playing in a game where someone with an 18k stack will re-raise a known tight player $115 before the flop with 94s. I've got news for you, you arent beating up on him by stealing from him. He's letting you take those small pots because he only has to catch you once to get paid off big and it looks like this is the hand. He's pretty much got you right where he wants you. If you think he's playing back at you with a hand worse than AK of spades here, then your characterization of him as 'weak-tight' doesn't fit. In fact this hand looks like excellent TAG play to me, especially given the way you described your play that evening. I think you're drawing very thin here, if he has a set you have 7 spades (6 to 1 against), if he has AK of spades you have two nines and three fours and you're drawing thinner than Whitney Houston (Pokerstove has you as a 88.6 to 11.3 dog). Given the way you say he plays, you simply don't have the odds to call, FOLD.

jcmoussa
07-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Doug, he cant let go of an overpair. Ive seen him call down potsize bets with QQ on a low board when even the dealer knew the other person had AA.

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Umm Cero, you said No pair no draw. I have mid pair, and have turned a backdoor fd. Like i was explaining to diablo, its not just his call of 150, but more his EP(UTG) raise of 35 which is what convinced me of JJ or better.

aggie
07-31-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug makes a living beating up on those who don't belong in that game. He sits down with a 20k stack as a form of intimidation. Actually he usually sits down with 24k. 4k in chips to play with and a 20k cashwad that never gets put in play. Few people buy in that much and those who are also nut peddlers. I have NEVER seen doug put that money in jepardy.

thabadguy is gonna cause alot of trouble for Doug because obviously when he sits down with that kind of money he plans on gambling with it. That said, i have to agree with Diablo on this one. Doug definitely loves playing his pocket pairs and will turn over a few small sets that will suprise you (given the preflop action).

I can't see putting Doug on anything other than a set in this hand (probably KK). If he has AA or AKs he's not raising that turn. He probably believes you are wild enough to pay you off with a small set so i don't think moving allin is an option. I'd say call and hope a spade falls and be done with the hand if one doesn't. If you catch your non board pairing spade, i think you have a pretty good chance of doubling up....

aggie
07-31-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You understand of course why I'm skeptical about someone playing 18k effective stacks treating a bet of 150 as a "reraise" worthy of folding anything. It's not like you guys are really playing 5-5 here. 150 is a BS bet w/ 20k stacks. I just don't buy that someone playing 20k stack here doesn't see a flop with a pair for 150. Folding AQ is much easier to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, this game definitely plays bigger than 5-5 but probably not by as much as you think. The big stacks in this game rarely get the money into play (with a few exceptions.)

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Judging from your own description of the hand, you are either a complete action freak or just plain don't like money. You have to call 4k to win 12k, if he has TPTK and no FD, your river spade is good and you have 14 outs, other wise only five outs against TPTK w/flush draw. You didn't state why you don't think folding is an option. His play looks like a set to me, at worst AK of spades. You have noted that he doesn't like to play oop, yet he just called your flop raise and then hit you with a giant turn CR.You say he is 'supposedly' a pro, like you don't believe it, you also seem to have no respect for how he plays, labeling him a 'nut-peddler' and a 'set miner' and noting that he won't raise oop and wont chase draws. While his play might seem 'boring' to you, I can almost guarantee you that he makes a lot of money. As Harrington notes in HOH, people who play tightly tend to be very consistent winners at NL, and particularly in uncapped games. Especially playing in a game where someone with an 18k stack will re-raise a known tight player $115 before the flop with 94s. I've got news for you, you arent beating up on him by stealing from him. He's letting you take those small pots because he only has to catch you once to get paid off big and it looks like this is the hand. He's pretty much got you right where he wants you. If you think he's playing back at you with a hand worse than AK of spades here, then your characterization of him as 'weak-tight' doesn't fit. In fact this hand looks like excellent TAG play to me, especially given the way you described your play that evening. I think you're drawing very thin here, if he has a set you have 7 spades (6 to 1 against), if he has AK of spades you have two nines and three fours and you're drawing thinner than Whitney Houston (Pokerstove has you as a 88.6 to 11.3 dog). Given the way you say he plays, you simply don't have the odds to call, FOLD.

[/ QUOTE ]
A) Yes I am a complete action freak
B) I am convinced P(set) is almost non-existent because of his line
C) TPTK+FD he is folding if i push turn, maybe even if i push blank river. I dont mind going broke if we both backdoor flushes(1 combination)
D)3k to 7k is not a giant CR..looks more like a min-cr to me.
E)I dont care if he makes money, im sure he does, he knows the underlying principles well, but he is my fave type of player to play against.

aggie
07-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Excellent post cero...I know the villian in question and agree with just about everything you say here.

I think its GOTTA be a set....Villian is not getting 8k in the pot with AA unimproved or AKs (if that's even a possibility).

thabadguy...Is this a recent hand or was this from earlier in the year?

ML4L
07-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Hey badguy,

[ QUOTE ]
He is UTG i am in mp.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is [censored]. Given what you said in your original post, he has a set, probably KK, plain and simple. If you have some sort of divine read that you lets you know that he doesn't have the hand that his line represents perfectly, put it in the post. But, if you do have this divine read, then the hand ceases to be worth posting. If you know he has a one pair hand and he will lay it down x% of the time, push the turn. Yawn.

Also, I can understand the post if it weren't framed as a question. Some people don't know how to beat up on nits; this post might be helpful. But, as a hand reading exercise, it sucks.

ML4L

cero_z
07-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi tbg,

Ah, my mistake. So you are drawing a little better against a non-set. But, you also will risk a lot of money without knowing if you're ahead if you make two pair or trips. I didn't tell you what to do on the turn, since I wasn't sure. As another poster put it well, you may be a 6:1 dog or worse, or you may have 14 outs. I think you have 7 or fewer. If you think there's a very substantial chance you have 14, then call, and you'll have a decision if you improve or if a K hits. Otherwise, fold now. With 7 outs, you are a bit over a 5:1 dog, which means you'll have to stack him and win every time to break even or turn a tiny profit. Since you can't be certain that any card will win for you, 7 outs is not enough to call 4K more.

Another poster mentioned that Doug can't fold an overpair. Presumably, he also wouldn't fold AK here, which is better than AA, unless he somehow gives you credit for AA (which he won't). That means you can make him fold QQ and JJ here. Do you think he's got that? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Anyway, you have a different perspective, so please post the results and your thinking.

aggie
07-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Another great post. But since i know those in question let me give my opinions here.

A. [ QUOTE ]
you are either a complete action freak

[/ QUOTE ]

B. [ QUOTE ]
or just plain don't like money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Option A----thabadguy is very difficult to play against. Most people in this game sit down with 2-5k stacks and only want to get that money in with the nuts....thabadguy is constantly moving them off better hands. When they do get the money in thabadguy usually has outs. He might be in trouble if they could properly adjust to his play but since their playing with scared money, they can't.

[ QUOTE ]
You have to call 4k to win 12k, if he has TPTK and no FD, your river spade is good and you have 14 outs, other wise only five outs against TPTK w/flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think villian has a set and badguy has 8 outs...If he hits i think he's gonna double through....so it's a 4k call to win 36k....I think the pot odds are there.

[ QUOTE ]
You say he is 'supposedly' a pro, like you don't believe it, you also seem to have no respect for how he plays, labeling him a 'nut-peddler' and a 'set miner' and noting that he won't raise oop and wont chase draws. While his play might seem 'boring' to you, I can almost guarantee you that he makes a lot of money. As Harrington notes in HOH, people who play tightly tend to be very consistent winners at NL, and particularly in uncapped games. Especially playing in a game where someone with an 18k stack will re-raise a known tight player $115 before the flop with 94s. I've got news for you, you arent beating up on him by stealing from him. He's letting you take those small pots because he only has to catch you once to get paid off big and it looks like this is the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of this except please realize this...If badguy steals enough pots (some of which are not small) than he can afford to lose an occasional giant pot. Harrington is a good author but so is Brunson

[ QUOTE ]
if he has a set you have 7 spades

[/ QUOTE ]

thabadguy holds one of the board pairing spades in his hand so he has 8 outs /images/graemlins/smile.gif ....And every out counts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeti
07-31-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people don't know how to beat up on nits; this post might be helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Telling me to put 3k in when I want to see a river against someone who obviously loves their hand is helpful?

I strongly feel OP should have checked this turn.

Ulysses
07-31-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so please post the results and your thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

My prediction: TBG pushes, Doug mutters something about TBG getting lucky and flopping a set and folds AA face-up.

aggie
07-31-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My prediction: TBG pushes, Doug mutters something about TBG getting lucky and flopping a set and folds AA face-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Doug played AA like this i would be very suprised but not shocked (based on everything tbg is saying).....If he mucks, it won't be face up.

ML4L
07-31-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people don't know how to beat up on nits; this post might be helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Telling me to put 3k in when I want to see a river against someone who obviously loves their hand is helpful?

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct play on each street is HIGHLY debatable, but the idea of building a huge pot when you know you won't be called down by less than the nuts is a good deep-stack concept to be familiar with...

ML4L

aggie
07-31-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right but it's probably not as clear cut as you think. TBG's turn bet has some serious folding equity.

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so please post the results and your thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As usual diablo is either terribly close or dead right.
It makes my hair stand on end everytime he predicts.
I push, he is obv not happy and mucks after some deliberation. I asked him a ton of times what he had. He only said "nothing".
The reason i pushed here is because of the turn CR. I was certain he would lead into me here with a set so i could raise and he could push without it being an overbet.

BobboFitos
07-31-2005, 01:18 PM
did you show him the 4?

Yeti
07-31-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You may be right but it's probably not as clear cut as you think. TBG's turn bet has some serious folding equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll accept that. Obviously I've never played with Villain but given the brief description it seems when he calls on this flop he likes his hand.

On other other hand of course we're very deep and he may be easy to scare. ML4L's comeback was nice.

aggie
07-31-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I push, he is obv not happy and mucks after some deliberation. I asked him a ton of times what he had. He only said "nothing".
The reason i pushed here is because of the turn CR. I was certain he would lead into me here with a set so i could raise and he could push without it being an overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I have so much respect for you TBG...That's an amazing read!!! I want to believe that you just got lucky but i'm beginning to think that you play deep stack poker at a level beyond my comprehension.

When did this hand take place?

aggie
07-31-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did you show him the 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...That would have been priceless!!!

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did you show him the 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...That would have been priceless!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I tend to show a lotta hands, as aggie will agree, its fun to taunt them and say.."i got nothing". I flipped over my hand when he mucked and said "good fold". Sadly he left after a few mins.

P.S I thought i get Old Hand at 600?

aggie
07-31-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S I thought i get Old Hand at 600?

[/ QUOTE ]

700...Thanks to your post i just got it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

aggie
07-31-2005, 01:55 PM
I thought this would be a good time to show This post (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=plnlpoker&Number=1695006&F orum=,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=5&Limi t=25&Main=1695006&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=2 213&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=4&ol dertype=m&bodyprev=#Post1695006) which is a hand that i posted a long time ago....

TBG is the villian

joel2006
07-31-2005, 04:44 PM
I guess that sums it up, and you're right about the CR, it is actually just above a min-raise. I'll be coming up to FW to see you soon, since you dont 'mind going broke.

thabadguy
07-31-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess that sums it up, and you're right about the CR, it is actually just above a min-raise. I'll be coming up to FW to see you soon, since you dont 'mind going broke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, always a pleasure playing a 2p2er.

psyduck
08-01-2005, 01:20 AM
you high stakes NL players are [censored] crazy

dankhank
08-01-2005, 03:06 AM
i want to know how this nut peddler got himself involved for 7k all of a sudden and then will fold to a re-raise on the turn from the loosest player at the table. i mean really

Alexthegreat
08-01-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i want to know how this nut peddler got himself involved for 7k all of a sudden and then will fold to a re-raise on the turn from the loosest player at the table. i mean really

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just thought of this...what is the purpose of his raise....Is he making a plain move? Is this JJ/QQ looking for confirmation of a K?? what's up here?? could someone go through his likely thought process for me??

thabadguy
08-01-2005, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just thought of this...what is the purpose of his raise....Is he making a plain move? Is this JJ/QQ looking for confirmation of a K?? what's up here?? could someone go through his likely thought process for me??

[/ QUOTE ]
His turn raise is to get me to fold if i picked up the fd, also is an attempt to represent a set, AA and AK are very likely here, and AA is the preflop nuts.

Alexthegreat
08-01-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
His turn raise is to get me to fold if i picked up the fd, also is an attempt to represent a set, AA and AK are very likely here, and AA is the preflop nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of ways to do all of those things and none of them involved minraising the turn and folding to a push...

thabadguy
08-01-2005, 06:25 AM
If he leads turn for pot, im probably done with it. If he crs to like 10 or someting..im obv folding, but he took a bad line, and it cost him.

ijustliketoplay
08-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Great post. That was some move you made there. Really good insight into advanced deep stack NL.

That guy
08-01-2005, 01:26 PM
he could easily overcome your fold-equity advantage over him by simply buying in shorter and moving all-in for the same amount as he put into his 'play' and he could simply run over you here.

the fact that he doesn't understand this is just plain stupidity... he buys in for $20k and all it does for him is lose him money... what a donkified strategy....

Marlow
08-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Having just moved up to my piddling 2-4 game, it is a post like this that reminds me of just how much there is to learn. Reading the books and getting the essentials down pat is vital. I feel that I need to keep current on the literature, but for the most part I'm gonna know cold 80%+ of everything written in a NL text.

This post does not make it into any NL text, and is perfect for this sort of learning context (can you tell that I'm an online educatinal designer?).

There are mediocre, good and great forums on 2+2, and this one is clearly near the top.

Marlow

HoldEmKillah
08-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Sick sick sick hand. I seriously got goosebumbs reading this since I've been at that table plenty of times and have never seen 2 big stacks collide quite like this. I also know Doug and how he plays. I would have put him on KK here too but now have to figure it was clearly AK, AA or a move. He very well may have made a move. There are a few times I've seen him very emotional at the table so it's quite possible he was tilting with no hand here.

And badguy...how often do you make it to FW?

thabadguy
08-03-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sick sick sick hand. I seriously got goosebumbs reading this since I've been at that table plenty of times and have never seen 2 big stacks collide quite like this. I also know Doug and how he plays. I would have put him on KK here too but now have to figure it was clearly AK, AA or a move. He very well may have made a move. There are a few times I've seen him very emotional at the table so it's quite possible he was tilting with no hand here.

And badguy...how often do you make it to FW?

[/ QUOTE ]
Normally every weekend when I am in the USA.

muckyouraces
08-03-2005, 04:16 PM
that's why he is a proffessional and YOU are the weak player by calling him after the flop. You LAG maniac retards will eventually piss all of your chips away to the "tight, weak" players because you don't know when to stop. Keep playing that way, I love players like you. You sure know how to reraise, but you don't know how to book a winner. It's funny how much money the tight weak players make at the end of the day.

aggie
08-03-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that's why he is a proffessional and YOU are the weak player by calling him after the flop. You LAG maniac retards will eventually piss all of your chips away to the "tight, weak" players because you don't know when to stop. Keep playing that way, I love players like you. You sure know how to reraise, but you don't know how to book a winner. It's funny how much money the tight weak players make at the end of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.....What level do you play at?

thabadguy
08-03-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow..did i insult ur mother or something? Seems like i hit a nerve with u and a few other [censored] nits with this post.
I never said i am a great player..but i do know how to play this style...and ive won and continue winning quite a lot with it. I guess i am retard for winning with crap hands...that just shouldnt happen!!! I mean if you have AA or AK..ur supposed to win right??? [censored].

Go back to grinding wahtever the [censored] it is u grind, and let poker players...(NOT BORING POS GRINDERS) have some fun.
P.S AZK go ahead and delete this if u have to..sorry..need to vent.

aggie
08-03-2005, 04:30 PM
LOL

1800GAMBLER
08-03-2005, 04:33 PM
I think raising the flop here is awful. If he's ready to play back at you, call make two pair, stack. If he's still in his weak tight mood, call and get checked to on the turn.

async
08-09-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I reraise to 150 with 94s, loooking to end it here or proceed with caution, if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, the more I read of this thread, the funnier this sentence gets. /images/graemlins/smile.gif nh