PDA

View Full Version : Double Q-high flushdraw

iago
07-31-2005, 02:56 AM
(PP 6-max table, ie no nutpeddling.)

Reads: BB is tilting and steaming, MP a savvy player that likes to trap people and slowplay big hands. He rarely gets his money in as an underdog. I folded on the turn, but I was pretty certain that my heart flushdraw was good.

I guess the real question is, how would you play a double non-nut flushdraw in a threeway pot, and how would you play it if the stacks for me and BB were deeper; say 2-300 BB?

***** Hand History for Game 2448117338 *****
$50 PL Omaha - Saturday, July 30, 07:50:20 EDT 2005
Table Table 54914 (6 max) (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: MP ( $465.69 )
Seat 3: Button ( $120.70 )
Seat 5: BB ( $37.91 )
Seat 6: UTG ( $59.60 )
Seat 2: CO ( $42.75 )
Seat 4: Hero ( $49.50 )
Hero posts small blind [$0.25].
BB posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
UTG folds.
MP calls [$0.50].
CO folds.
Button folds.
Hero calls [$0.25].
BB checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Hero checks.
BB bets [$1.50].
MP calls [$1.50].
Hero calls [$1.50].
** Dealing Turn ** [ J /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Hero checks.
BB bets [$5.70].
MP raises [$11.40].
Hero folds.
BB calls [$5.70].
** Dealing River ** [ 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
BB is all-In.
MP: nice catch
MP folds.
BB does not show cards.
BB wins $51.91

RickyG
08-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Why why why why why did you limp preflop? I dont get it? You have a pretty damn good hand and now is the time to take the initiative, especially shorhanded.

Once you have raised preflop, you have to put in a pot sized bet on the flop.

Situation 1. Everyone folds, you make $4 profit

If you are raised, you let it go, the queen high flush draw + set draw is probably not enough to commit alot of chips.

When the j/images/graemlins/heart.gif falls I think you have a pretty badass draw. Assuming both of your flush (which they might not be) you are at 40% to win the hand, at worse you are even money with three players. Plus you might take it down with the k high straight if you hit a T. Also, if none of your draws hit, there is a chance (albeit very small) that your queens are good.

On the turn I think your check was correct, you'd rather see a free card if you can, but when that doesnt happen, you have to call. I am pretty sure you have at least 33% equity three handed, and if someone is in there with something stupid, which happens often, especially from the guy on tilt, then it's even better.

I dont know if I am right, but I think that since you are the short stack in the hand this is even more of an incentive to gabool alittle, so that you can challenge the big stacks in hands where you have the clear advantage. If not, you can reload and keep chugging.

my $0.02

iago
08-01-2005, 03:25 AM
I was out of position (SB), hence the limp. My reasoning on the turn (at the time) was "You don't win over bad players with non nut drawing hands - there'll be a better opportunity in a few hands", which actually turned out to be true. The guy on tilt lost his stack to me over the next 8 hands. Still, I think I made a mistake in this one. At worst I would have cultivated a gambling image at the table, which never is all bad /images/graemlins/smile.gif