PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I suck Headsup?

Skip Brutale
07-31-2005, 02:09 AM
I think I am honestly minus ev at 5 dollar headsup sitngos on pokerstars. All of my opponents just complete every sb, so I start raising with anything halfway decent to get them to stop, it doesnt work and I wind up getting complete-raised by the jokes.

Post-flop I cant really get psychological with 5 dollar players. Maybe I am getting outplayed, I dont know.

I can do well in 50 dollar sitngos and 10/20 limit 6max, but lose at 5 dollar headsup sitngos? Am I trying to outplay people that cant be outplayed? Also at the end of sitngos it seems like I either have bad luck, or I suck.

Matty
07-31-2005, 02:19 AM
You wanna meet me at the pokerstars microlimit HU tables? My screename is "Bodot".

JoshuaD
07-31-2005, 02:29 AM
Against weak passive opponents keep the gas on. You'll end up ahead.

Against another strong player, there's no point in going full throttle at him. It'll just turn the game into a luck-fest. You're better off "normalizing" your actions, so as to get a full range of choices available to you. You still want to be aggressive, but you want to get alot more tricky. Do so by going for odd plays, and by not playing the same hand the same way everytime.

If you're always at full aggression you've got no options. When you peel it back alot more moves become available to you that weren't previously.