PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poker's tournament blind structures are horrible.

mrh86
07-31-2005, 01:40 AM
Earlier tonight, I got bored of playing in PokerStars' freeroll tournaments, (it takes forever for my e-check to clear) and I remembered that I still had Pacific Poker's software installed, and that I could make instant bankroll deposits into this program. I hadn't played on Pacific Poker for quite a few months, and I had only played in one or two SnGs while I used their software. I decided to make a small deposit, and then I signed up for a $8 +.80 tournament with 20 maximum entries.
Everybody had started the tournament with 800 chips, with the blinds at 10/20. I had a great start, and nearly doubled my stack within 10 minutes of play. I thought that I was running pretty well for a while, but then I had a problem. The blinds were increasing so fast, that I knew the tournament would eventually become a crap-shoot. The blinds had increased from 10/20 to 15/30 in under 3 minutes, and increased every 8 minutes from there. Within half an hour, the blinds were at 150/300, and there were six of us left. The tournament, which started with the majority playing TAG and stealing occasionally, evolved into a steal-fest with the shorter stacks going all in almost every hand, all within half an hour. I ended up finishing 5th and receiving $8 for my efforts. The rapidly increasing blinds led me to a conclusion that these SnGs are not worth the buy-in for their entertainment value, whether I cash or not. I counted my 80 cent loss and cashed out.

UATrewqaz
07-31-2005, 04:29 AM
Pacific Poker is one of the worst poker sites out there, but somehow manages better traffic than alot of other FAR superior sites. It's a great mystery why people keep playing there.

timprov
07-31-2005, 04:58 AM
Maybe not for their entertainment value, but if you can't beat the [censored] out of these you probably shouldn't be playing poker.

spaminator101
07-31-2005, 03:46 PM
thats because all the fish that play there dont know any better