PDA

View Full Version : All in 7 10s, on the bubble

PokerAmateur4
07-31-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm not sure about this play, I think it was a mistake.

***** Hand History for Game 2452401651 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:14408492 Level:8 Blinds(200/400) - Sunday, July 31, 00:54:59 EDT 2005
Table Table 11506 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: FullHouseAA0 ( $1230 )
Seat 5: wackyIraqi ( $1120 )
Seat 7: just_texas ( $1980 )
Seat 10: cby_player ( $3670 )
Trny:14408492 Level:8
Blinds(200/400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to FullHouseAA0 [ 7d Td ]
just_texas folds.
cby_player folds.
FullHouseAA0 is all-In [1030]

bluefeet
07-31-2005, 01:53 AM
nah, time to gamble. conceivable he could actually fold (not too many hands though). but you just can't afford to give him t600, leaving you 2 BB & no FE. hey, they're suited and loosely connected - could be worse. push'm!

nate_king1
07-31-2005, 01:55 AM
FOLD! Wait for a better spot. If your called down your done. Wait for a good spot then do it.

Ogre
07-31-2005, 02:13 AM
fold, below average hand with a chance of slipping into the money

curtains
07-31-2005, 02:15 AM
Everyone's replies are way way off base. Folding here is flat out terrible and if you do so you shouldn't try playing sit and go's for profit.

The blinds are huge, you have a decent hand for headsup, and a pretty strong one for having just 3x the BB. Also the player in the BB is your main competition for making the money.

I repeat, FOLDING IS TERRIBLE. Moving allin is the only reasonable play.

bluefeet
07-31-2005, 02:18 AM
everyone's? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

07-31-2005, 02:21 AM
T7s is almost 50% against a random hand right?

Your opponent has less chips then you as well so even though it isn't that important by itself I think its a pretty close decision and this would make me decide to push all in and if he folds (unlikely) now I'm in much better shape. If I fold now I'm the short stack with no FE and the blinds are going to force me all in next BB.

The blinds are high enough that I'm going all in.

curtains
07-31-2005, 02:21 AM
Except yours of course....T7s is a very strong hand when its headsup and you have 3x the BB.

btw please note that this decision is not even close. It also would be a clear allin IMO with T7o and other assorted weaker hands, especially since there is plenty of fold equity at the $11s.

tshak
07-31-2005, 03:24 AM
Your only mistake was waiting until you got this low to make a marginal push. In 8 hands you're blinded out. It always amazes me how these SnG's even get to this blind level. Even 1st place is short stacked at 9BB. How is this even possible? Are people still limping into pots with <10BB 4 handed? This tourney should be heads up in 2-4 hands. There's nothing you can do but gamble here. Good luck.

jeffraider
07-31-2005, 04:50 AM
I may be drunk and stoned, but I'm super glad that curtains is here. I instantly thought push but the first few replies perplexed me. Honestly, I'm happy to have so much as T7s here. I'm probably pushing 32o like a pimp in this spot. Really, the only guy you've got fold equity against, if you he folds you're way ahead of him and if he calls and loses you're rocking away like a pimp. Easy money.

curtains
07-31-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your only mistake was waiting until you got this low to make a marginal push. In 8 hands you're blinded out. It always amazes me how these SnG's even get to this blind level. Even 1st place is short stacked at 9BB. How is this even possible? Are people still limping into pots with <10BB 4 handed? This tourney should be heads up in 2-4 hands. There's nothing you can do but gamble here. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again it's just ridiculous to make assumptions on how the hero played before this hand just by looking at the current situation. Sometimes such high blind 4 way bubble situations happen. They aren't common but they do happen and sometimes without any fault of the hero.

Gomez22
07-31-2005, 04:54 PM
I haven't been playing SNGs too long, but this is a clear and very easy push. You have very good FE here, and you're going to have to do something soon. Sneaking into the money when it gets to 4-handed is in the playbook of break-even or losing SNG players. You have an edge here, and you should take that whenever you can in situations such as this.

I don't think there are many hands I DON'T push in this place... maybe the bottom 10% of hands, but that may even be an overstatement.

You must realize that when you find yourself in situations like this, the only chance you have to win is to gamble it up, and even though we all wish we could at least get an ace in spots like this, it doesn't happen very often, and you must make do with what you have.

ldavidjm
07-31-2005, 05:00 PM
The first few replies really confused me there, I thought I was going to be in the pushing minority. Thankfully my sanity has returned along with the other pushing advocates.

tigerite
07-31-2005, 08:04 PM
I push and it isn't close at all