PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this wrong?

07-31-2005, 12:38 AM
$5 + $0.50 Sit & Go (1065135), Table 1 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:27:12 ET - 2005/07/31
Seat 1: bwconvention (1,315)
Seat 2: jdog33 (1,310)
Seat 4: robm555 (2,985)
Seat 5: jplp411 (1,050)
Seat 6: drdrecks (2,950)
Seat 7: get moola (1,280)
Seat 8: Amsterdamer (1,010)
Seat 9: rbh04 (1,600)
bwconvention posts the small blind of 20
jdog33 posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bwconvention [Ah 2s]
robm555 calls 40
jplp411 calls 40
drdrecks folds
get moola folds
Amsterdamer folds
rbh04 folds
bwconvention calls 20
jdog33 checks
*** FLOP *** [Ks Ac 5c]
bwconvention bets 160
jdog33 folds
robm555 calls 160
jplp411 folds
*** TURN *** [Ks Ac 5c] [7d]
bwconvention bets 480
robm555 calls 480
*** RIVER *** [Ks Ac 5c 7d] [7c]
bwconvention bets 635, and is all in
robm555 calls 635
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bwconvention shows [Ah 2s] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
robm555 shows [Qc 6c] (a flush, Ace high)
robm555 wins the pot (2,710) with a flush, Ace high
bwconvention stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,710 | Rake 0

Board: [Ks Ac 5c 7d 7c]
Seat 1: bwconvention (small blind) showed [Ah 2s] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sevens
Seat 2: jdog33 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: robm555 showed [Qc 6c] and won (2,710) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 5: jplp411 folded on the Flop
Seat 6: drdrecks didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: get moola didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: Amsterdamer didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: rbh04 (button) didn't bet (folded)

i cant fig. out another way to play this flop

bluefeet
07-31-2005, 02:50 AM
Looks like a Stars tourney. Even with the deep stacks, you have to be VERY careful completing hands like this. Medium suited/connected cards (like T9s for example) are worth the flop...A2o isn't. The problem you have at this level (and higher ones as well), as that you're more than likely facing an Ax limper somewhere in the group. Flopping an Ace here is NOT a good thing. So for starters, let's just fold these hands, limiting our completes to something that can give us draws post flop - with the calling odds to do so.

Let's say you were on the BB instead. Leading out on this flop out of position is usually not going to tell you much -- especially 4-handed. HU w/ a limper, I would bet 1/2-3/4 pot'ish, folding to a raise. Here, you MUST check. It's understandable to want to drive out your opponets with your large bet, but with 3 behind you, your 'hope' that your Ace is good is merely that. With a caller, you CANNOT proceed on the turn (which is what's going to happen more times than not). Don't let the results throw you. You really should have check/folded the turn after the call. Don't let your simple decision to get in the hand, motivate you to pick up the 'favorable' flop-pot at the expense of all of your chips.

You should have just checked the flop. Now calling an openers bet on the flop gets tricky. Any sign of stength and I'm folding (anything approaching 1/2-3/4's pot). A weak min-bet or the like, might give you an opportunity for a reraise. But with a call of your reraise, I still think you have to slow it completely down on the turn.

Don't complete SB's that you wouldn't limp in with in EP, unless they are strong/well-disguised drawing hands.

Don't get to excited about flopping TP with a lousy kicker.

nate_king1
07-31-2005, 02:56 AM
I'd Check/Fold on that flop. You absoulutely have no kicker. It would be different if you had AJ or AQ. But otherwise dump

lastchance
07-31-2005, 03:23 AM
Like everyone said, having a better kicker is a must here.

Now, there are a few lines I like to use here.

First, you can bet out, but after betting, you must shut down immediately if you are called, and fold to any raise, without a really good read. You really should not keep betting the pot against what very well could be a better ace making you draw near dead. If you have A7 or A8, this might be the better line.

Second, and the more opponents you are facing, the better this line is, you can check here. Fold to any reasonable strength, but you can raise or call/bet turn if there's only one bet back to you with no callers.

Really, you're not losing a lot by check-folding here.