PDA

View Full Version : this a good spot to get it all in? PokerRoom $320

billyjex
07-30-2005, 11:38 PM
PokerRoom $320, 180 entrants down to about 130. We all started w/ 2500 chips.

Blinds are 50/100. Stacks in question are:

UTG+1 - 3400
UTG+2 - 3800
MP1 - 1400
Hero - 1800

I am on the SB w/ TT. UTG+1 and UTG+2 limp, MP1 raises to 375. Folded to me and I push. Thoughts?

ekky
07-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Any read on MP1? given his chip stack it looks pretty likely you will be going to a showdown.

billyjex
07-31-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any read on MP1? given his chip stack it looks pretty likely you will be going to a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

no reads

what are my choices here? folding feels weak, just calling is a decent % of my stack and i believe if I call the two limpers will come along as well.

ekky
07-31-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what are my choices here? folding feels weak, just calling is a decent % of my stack and i believe if I call the two limpers will come along as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a tricky spot, given no reads. I tend to jam and shut my eyes and hope I dont get a "you have finished in x place" pop-up.

As you say, calling to attract overcallers has no real viability, and folding seems too weak given that the person is also under a bit of stack pressure, and doesn't have to have an overpair to raise this up.. which only leaves us with the trusty Jam.

I guess one other option could just be a slightly-bigger-then-minimum raise... that should take care of the limpers.. and it mite induce the raiser to believe you have AA/KK.. and if he plays.. your net result (all the money in the middle) is the same as if you jammed.

durron597
07-31-2005, 12:26 AM
TT in the small blind is my current worst nightmare. I hate hate hate HATE hate calling. You are not deep enough to play for set value and you will be playing this 4 handed if you call.

That said, this is where a read would be really nice. Since you don't have a read, I would say this person has not stood out as being aggressive. Thus this a small favorite big dog situation and I would reluctantly fold.