PDA

View Full Version : Flopped 2pair vs a LAG (5/10)

mdeck
07-30-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm a little concerned with how I played this hand. I feel like I could have just played it better in general.

Villain is 74/15.4/1.15 after ~50 hands. Villain is a wierd player, gets aggressive in wierd spots. In the few hands I've seen he's 3bet 55 on the button and bet it on a high coordinated board, and bet it all the way, as well as 3bet an UTG raise from the BB with AJo. It seems like he tries to mix his play up, yet finds his way to showdown with crap like Jack high.

My main questions: After has cap on the turn, should I have gone for the c/r or the bet/3bet? I was counting on him raising it and was concerned that a checkraise would slow him down.

On the river I tried to represent the busted flush to induce either a bluff or a value bet.

Finally, should this a standard line? I'm just moving into 5/10 and normally play this straightforward.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

dave44
07-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Why would a flush draw bet the turn after getting capped on the flop? Your fold equity would be basically zero so you might as well see if he's capping for a free card.

I doubt he'll buy it.

wheeler
07-31-2005, 03:14 PM
His agression is only 1.15. I don't think this is a good spot to go for a check-raise on the river: just bet it. Previous streets are fine: if he wants to get LAGgy on the turn, let him do it by raising you, rather than you attempting to check-raise.