PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Low-Key Parties

Tron
07-30-2005, 11:32 PM
My parents are going out of town next weekend and all my friends are scattering to various colleges soon. The necessary course of action is obivous.

However, I really don't want to have more than 6 cars in my driveway or more than 30 kids in my house (I don't think I like more than 30 people in this town anyway) because the cops in this town looove coming down on parties and my parents are tight with my neighbors, who will be home.

Anyway, any tips on keeping it low-key but still relaxed and enjoyable will be greatly appreciated. Also, threats of violence will probably fall flat as I am not very physically intimidating.

Tron
07-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Also, themes are fun... Maybe.

handsome
07-30-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, themes are fun... Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw a Pimps & Hoes party.

HopeydaFish
07-30-2005, 11:36 PM
1) Only invite your friends.
2) Your invitees aren't allowed to bring anyone you don't know, unless they are women.
3) Make arrangements ahead of time to have people pick each other up, so that there aren't 30 cars in front of your house.
4) Don't invite anyone that you know will cause trouble -- because inevitably this person will cause trouble.

benza13
07-31-2005, 12:23 AM
If your friends are the type of people that can handle themselves at this type of party, then you should have no trouble getting them to carpool or move cars to make things less obvious and keeping the numbers low. At least this has been true with my friends that are invited to such gatherings.

masse75
07-31-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If your friends are the type of people that can handle themselves at this type of party, then you should have no trouble getting them to carpool or move cars to make things less obvious and keeping the numbers low. At least this has been true with my friends that are invited to such gatherings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gotta be kidding me...a low key HS party? Word of mouth ensures 20+ cars.

HopeydaFish
07-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Yeah, it's the people who you don't know (or barely know) that crash your party who will generally cause most of the problems. Half the time these guys are showing for the sole purpose *of* causing problems. They're not your friends, so they could care less if they get you in trouble.

astarck
07-31-2005, 12:37 AM
Post directions to your house on the internet.

I find this works best for me.

x2ski
07-31-2005, 02:07 AM
If there is a supermarket or other large parking lot nearby, require people to park there and walk... and be a dick about it. Seriously.

07-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Having my parents just recently gone out of town over the week of my 18th birthday, and having just got done having a party with over 65 people in my house with only 8 cars outside in the immediate vacinity, I'll pass on some knowledge...

First, Lets cover themes -- The two best themes to have right now from my personal experience are; White Trash Bash or Golf Pros and Tennis Hoes.

Now we shall cover how to be "not shady" and not get busted:

1) Tie baloons to your mailbox and put a sign on your front door. The graduation theme is very popular for obvious reasons. Now putting balloons does a number of things, it makes it seem like its an actual party and not a crazy wild house party and honestly what police officer is going to break up a "Graduation Party" that has balloons outside and a door sign?? The balloons and outdoor decorations just scream formal party with parents home.

2) You have a garage presumably a two car, put your car and someone else in it, preferably someone who is going to be staying the night. Now fill your driveway, with people who will be sleeping over or leaving very late, that way people arent blocked in and there isnt a lot of noise going on outside. You should be able to accomadate roughly 6 cars this way.

*Side Note - Just allowing everyone to sleep over is your best best and have people carpool this eliminats tons of cars and stops peopel from coming and going, and this exponetionally increase the odds of getting ass since all the girls are sleeping over*

3) Tell people to park a street over and just cut yards to get to your house, its nice outside during the summer nights, and if they are complaining about parking when they are about to get "Crunked" at your house, [censored] them. But, remember spread up the car parking, keep some people one street over at one end of that street, the other people one street over in the opposite direction. Its really not hard to keep this organized just make sure u tell people ahead of time.

4) Avoid people coming in and out of your house, weather it to be to go take a leak, smoke a cig, or blaze a bowl, keep this to a minimum. Some words of wisdom, once again put your gargae to good use! People can smoke and blaze in your garage; just crack the garage about 3 inches and let it stay cracked til the next day.

5)No loud music, i know its hard but trust me, nothing alerts the neighbors like your bass kicking from your familys 10 grand sound system.

6) Have enough liqour and beer before hand and have all the nessecary chasers, red cups, and bottle caps / ping pong balls well in advance. You dont want people leaving to make "runs" all night.

That should basically cover everything you need to know to have a kick ass party and not get busted. If you have any other questions or anything PM me. Take it easy buddy.

wacki
07-31-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, any tips on keeping it low-key but still relaxed and enjoyable will be greatly appreciated. Also, threats of violence will probably fall flat as I am not very physically intimidating.

[/ QUOTE ]

If neighbors can see your front door lock it and put a note on it that says go around back. people will chill out front. I used to change the lock on the front door to a double key (no knob) kind to prevent people chilling out front. Make sure everyone knows to drive atleast a block away. If you aren't intimidating, find someone who is. Also, don't be afraid to make a scene. Talk loudly to let others know how much of a dick this guy is being by exposing the party due to his lazy ass not wanting to walk 40 yards.

wacki
07-31-2005, 03:01 AM
Lock up all booze you can't afford to lose (that belongs to parents)

Lock up parents bedroom if you don't want anyone having sex in there.

Depending on the situation having a no smoking rule (even if your parent's smoke), or a smoking zone, may be a good idea. You don't want your parents walking in the front door when you suddenly notice there is a roach on the table in the foyer. ..... emergency *cough* grab roach *cough* *swallow* *cough*.

rolling up expensive rugs to prevent spill damage is not a bad idea either.

Tron
08-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Party was solid; thanks for all the advice guys.

jakethebake
08-07-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/needpics.gif

Tron
08-07-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/needpics.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I lost my digital a while ago, I was so pissed, and I really, really wanted to buy a new one for this party (so I could share the pics with you) but I decided to wait until I have mo' money so I can get a nice one.

Duffman
08-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Did you get laid?

Edit: Sorry for being results oriented. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tron
08-07-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you get laid?

Edit: Sorry for being results oriented. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately not, a lot of the girls (the attractive ones, at least) were being ridiculous: "I have to drive, I have to work tommorrow, blah blah blah"

Did hook up Friday night, though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif