PDA

View Full Version : Change my game when moving up?

07-30-2005, 09:10 PM
I currently play 10+1 with AleoMagus's strategy (thxs to him btw). Do I keep the strategy intact when I move up to 20s or 30s? The concepts of this plan seem to apply to all SNGs. Do I need to play more hands to take advantage of tighter players?
My ROI and ITM % will go down because there is less suicide players, is that the main reason?

Ty for any advice, Brian

nate_king1
07-30-2005, 09:15 PM
No, Don't keep the strategy. Whenever you move up a level the players are just going to be better, plain and simple. Not meaning you can't beat but they could probably beat the 6s or 11s if they want too. You still have donkeys and thats fine. You need to do more tricks and plays, instead of just betting pot with top pair.

Hope this helps.

GrekeHaus
07-30-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to do more tricks and plays, instead of just betting pot with top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do this. The 22s can easily be beaten with straight forward play. There will certainly be some better players there, but if you try and get too fancy, you'll just end up shooting yourself in the foot. For the most part, 22 players are still pretty dumb, so just worry about getting your money in with the best of it.

curtains
07-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Usually you will have to adjust your play, but only by a very small amount at the lower levels. Youll probably end up doing this naturally after playing for a while and understanding some small differences in the play.

I have changed my play every time I moved to a different level, but never set out to do so. It just happened naturally.