PDA

View Full Version : OOP on defense, your turn and river action?

MisterKing
07-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Second orbit at the table, so unfortunately I'm in the dreaded "no reads" category here. Table has been fairly loose overall, and not too crazy aggressive. My 3-bet PF is standard fare when I think I'm facing a steal, and really my question here is how you're handling the turn and river streets. Weak as it was, I think check/call, check/call wins me the most when ahead & loses me the least when behind. The standard wa/wb line of betting on the river unfortunately makes villain fold KK-TT here too often, though I'spose AK/AQ aren't raising me for fear of two pair.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

This call is pretty thin, but I think it isn't 100% unreasonable. His PF cap means he has a hand, but it doesn't necessarily mean a better Ace or a pair bigger than jacks. I'm check/folding the turn UI, of course.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

tongni
07-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Bet the river.

kapw7
07-30-2005, 09:11 PM
I bet the river. Why do you think KK-TT will fold here? Without reads I would say they will never fold. But they can check and lose you 1 bet.

Subfallen
07-30-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The standard wa/wb line of betting on the river unfortunately makes villain fold KK-TT here too often...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, if this is true, 9T/images/graemlins/spade.gif is an auto-bet on this river, and, honestly, how often do you gaybluff 9T/images/graemlins/spade.gif here? My point is:

People never fold.
People never fold.
People never fold.

Bet the river.