PDA

View Full Version : i'm engaged

Dominic
07-30-2005, 08:52 PM
we also just bought a really cool house in Vegas...we're going to have a house party - pool, drinks, fun and food - on Sept. 4th...any of you Magoos who are local or in town then, let us know and we'll invite you...

the picture below is a few minutes after we got engaged at the top of the tramway in Palm Springs...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/DomDab/domerika.jpg

Dominic & Erika

Chairman Wood
07-30-2005, 08:54 PM
congrats she's a beaut

mslif
07-30-2005, 09:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS and best of luck

coffeecrazy1
07-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Jeez...how'd you get a cute girl like that to be engaged to a goofy-looking guy like you? /images/graemlins/wink.gif Congrats.

BeerMoney
07-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Nice work.

bugstud
07-30-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm down for the party, and congrats!

gorie
07-30-2005, 09:24 PM
congrats /images/graemlins/smile.gif

STLantny
07-30-2005, 09:25 PM
R.I.P

j/k congrats

Dominic
07-30-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jeez...how'd you get a cute girl like that to be engaged to a goofy-looking guy like you? /images/graemlins/wink.gif Congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

hypnotism.

jakethebake
07-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Congrats to you, and good luck to her. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chobohoya
07-31-2005, 02:06 PM
Congrats. Hope everything continues to go well.

IndieMatty
07-31-2005, 02:16 PM
congrats man

arod15
07-31-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we also just bought a really cool house in Vegas...we're going to have a house party - pool, drinks, fun and food - on Sept. 4th...any of you Magoos who are local or in town then, let us know and we'll invite you...

the picture below is a few minutes after we got engaged at the top of the tramway in Palm Springs...

Dominic & Erika

[/ QUOTE ]
Congrats, im working on my engagment. Havent had the balls to ask the father. How did you go about it?

Luv2DriveTT
07-31-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dominic & Erika

[/ QUOTE ]
Congrats, im working on my engagment. Havent had the balls to ask the father. How did you go about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't. You aren't going to live with him, you are going to live with her. Its not his business.

Of course I expect many people to disagree with me... and to be honest, I understand.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

tdarko
07-31-2005, 03:01 PM
congrats man /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ggbman
07-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Congrats!

moondogg
07-31-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't. You aren't going to live with him, you are going to live with her. Its not his business.

Of course I expect many people to disagree with me... and to be honest, I understand.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you TT. Ask her parents. Not necessarly just her father, ask them both.

They have been the primary force in her life until she marries you. They have raised her, and instilled in her the ideals of what is means to be a good person and an upstanding member of society. If they have done even half their job, it is without doubt their greatest achievement. Until the day she marries you, they hopefully have been the most important people in her life. After that day, it becomes you. It is only fitting that you ask their permission (or at least acknowledge their importance in her life) to overtake this position in her life.

If they are at all reasonable, if they truly care about her happiness, if you are not a complete idiot, if she truly loves you and you truly love her, there should be no problem.

How do you ask her parents? Approach it like a man, and spare the bullshit. Tell them how much you care about her, and that you want to make her happy forever. Be honest and be respectful. That's all.

P.S. Congrats Dom. Good luck and happiness to both of you.

buck_thunder
07-31-2005, 03:32 PM
"if you want to be happy for the rest of your life then make an ugly woman your wife"

You should be happy for a LONG time. lol.

Lazymeatball
07-31-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dominic & Erika

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

accuse her father of grabbing her ass then try to break a bottle over his head.

Dominic
07-31-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dominic & Erika

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I was in the process of getting my grandmother's diamond and buying a real nice setting when Erika beat me to the punch and asked me to marry her! She gave me a white-gold band...very manly. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

good luck on your upcoming engagement...

MrTrik
07-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Congratulations Man! Nice catch too. I'm sure the future will bring much happiness.

Mason Hellmuth
07-31-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Erika beat me to the punch and asked me to marry her!

[/ QUOTE ]
So that's why you look half-terrified. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Congratulations, and best of luck.

BTW,

[ QUOTE ]
How do you ask her parents?

[/ QUOTE ]
Get drunk, then call them.