PDA

View Full Version : Do you put in third raise w/ KK third hand of 30+3?

07-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Third hand of SNG, I have my 800
I am dealt KK utg+2
UTG makes it 3x to 45
UTG+1 makes it 175
Completely troubled, I flat call. How bad is this?

Table folds, utg folds.

Flop comes A T 4

UTG+1 leads at the pot for 45!

Im not going to lay this hand down for 45 chip bet despite the ace on the board, feeling that if I call I really don't know where I'm at I decide I can make a decent, but not commiting raise. I make it 175 and he calls.

Turn is a second Ace. He leads for 300 I am forced to fold.

We all started the hand with about the same chip count so that's not a factor. I think I should have just put it in preflop. Looking back, I feel like an idiot for not putting in a raise with the second best hand but then putting in a raise on the flop after the only overcard in the deck flops out.

Anyway, I went on to fold the hand of course, UTG says he mucked AT. UTG+1 says he didn't have an ace(somewhat believable). UTG+1 later went on to prove himself a total joker playing about %50 of hands. Had this hand happened in level 2 I think I would've put it in preflop but it was so early I was somewhat stunned and holding back.

david050173
07-30-2005, 08:05 PM
I push preflop. He has built a nice pot and there is only 1 hand you are worried about and a dozen (QQ-88,AK-AJ,KQ) that people will over play in the 33s.

KingDan
07-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Your call PF is terrible, gotta push that.

FWIW I think you should push the turn, the weak lead of the flop makes me think he does not have an ace, and he has know reason to believe his JJ/QQ is beaten.