PDA

View Full Version : Simple AA Preflop Decision

Huskiez
07-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Should I muck here, call, or reraise? I feel calling is the worst option.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($196)
UTG ($201.80)
UTG+1 ($185)
MP1 ($458.60)
MP2 ($211.70)
Hero ($245.25)
Button ($172.90)
SB ($192.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button raises to 6, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 reraises to 25, MP1 calls...

UTG+1 is representing AA with his limp reraise. Are my side cards even good enough to go to battle here?

PorscheNGuns
07-30-2005, 08:02 PM
This situation provides an interesting opportunity. First, I agree he most definitely has AAxx. If you call here, and the button folds, then we go to a flop with a pot of about $60. No matter what 3 cards come on the flop, the UTG+1 in far more cases than not, will only have a single pair, aces, since you have the other two aces, and so long as the flop isnt single suited. If he bets $60 on the flop, most likely overplaying his aces, and you reraise him all in, would he call his large remaining stack of $120 with just aces? If he checked, and you bet $60, would he call you with only aces? I think if you call here and the button folds, this pot is yours no matter what comes.

-Matt

beset7
07-30-2005, 09:09 PM
What's your read on UTG+1? Reads are important here. There are people (like me) who might limp reraise here with stuff other then AAxx when mixing it up in a multi-way pot.

Big Dave D
07-30-2005, 09:19 PM
The real danger is MP1. If he is a player, and has put you both on AA with a suited small wrap kind of hand, then he is going nowhere. Having said that, the cr could have KKds in which case an allin coup three way would still be fine. Reraise. But in general, keep an eye on stack sizes. If you had say 400+ too, then a call would be a better play.

gl

dd

beset7
07-31-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The real danger is MP1. If he is a player, and has put you both on AA with a suited small wrap kind of hand, then he is going nowhere. Having said that, the cr could have KKds in which case an allin coup three way would still be fine. Reraise. But in general, keep an eye on stack sizes. If you had say 400+ too, then a call would be a better play.

gl

dd

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point Dave. Keep posting here!

Big Dave D
07-31-2005, 04:24 AM
Np, Beset,although my time on the Omaha8 board is now over, except for strangely supporting Ribbo /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dd

beset7
07-31-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Np, Beset,although my time on the Omaha8 board is now over, except for strangely supporting Ribbo /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dd

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif That damn Ribbo. The problem with him is that even though he is one cocky self-aggrandising SOB he is often not that far off the mark.

mshalen
07-31-2005, 06:44 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with that opinion.

Big Dave D
07-31-2005, 07:06 AM
Ribbo and I have been bumping heads for about 3 years or so. If anything he has calmed down a bit now, he used to be much worse, especially his "educational" posts on RGP. However he is rarely wrong in plo8b, but then again, contrary to the current experts in the Omaha8 forum, plo8b is the simplest of all the big bet games to play effectively. All big bet games share a common "beyond the hand values" theme, but plo8b is probably the least imaginative of all of them.

gl

dd

Omaha Galore! (http://www.internetpokerpro.com)

beset7
07-31-2005, 07:12 AM
I've been lurking in those threads for amusement value Dave. Funny stuff. I'm almost chimed in a few times but then thought the better of it. No point really.