PDA

View Full Version : TPTK vs turn raise

econ_tim
07-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: econ_tim is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, econ_tim completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">econ_tim bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">econ_tim bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, econ_tim calls, BB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
econ_tim checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, econ_tim calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Pot isn't very big on turn, but I think my hand is too strong to fold.

What is your plan?

POKhER
07-30-2005, 07:30 PM
No reads?

Looks ok, Some may want you to "3bet the turn" to see how much he likes his hand.

He either flopped a set, Just hit a set, and unlikly straight.

WA/WB line maybe?
Anyhow i play it the same - Nice hand.

Buckmulligan
07-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Standard

Fantam
07-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Turn raises usually mean more than flop raises.

I am not sure that your hand is too good to fold. You have top pair best kicker, but what is button raising with ?

Probably the straight or at least a slow played set. Even if you improve after calling on the turn, I think there is a good chance that you still wont win this hand.

Button raised the turn with BB still in the hand, so I think he most likely has the goods.

The pot wasnt that big considering that there was a good chance that BB would also bet the river. I think a fold was good here.

toss
07-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Too often they'll raise with junk on the turn so taht you have to call down. You can fold when you have a read on the villain that tells you he only raises with the goods.

StellarWind
07-31-2005, 02:16 AM
Folding is completely out of the question.

Against some players I would 3-bet the turn because the pot is 3-handed. You have a strong incentive to push BB out of this pot as he clearly has outs against you. If they both call the 3-bet you only need to win 1/3 of the time to break even on your raise because they put in two bets to match your one.

If I considered Button to be serious I would just call him down. Remember that if he has two little pair like 76 or 64 you have eight outs to beat him.

hemstock
07-31-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Standard

[/ QUOTE ]

AngelicPenguin
07-31-2005, 02:20 AM
I'd play it the same. I need more than a raise to fold TPTK usually.

JoshuaD
07-31-2005, 03:21 AM
Postflop is fine, but consider raising preflop if the reads are right. If the BB is a tight player and/or the limpers are weak I'll often raise here to get it me vs the weakies.

ArturiusX
07-31-2005, 04:19 AM
I like.