PDA

View Full Version : jennicide returns!!

MicroBob
07-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Not that I really followed much of the whole jennicide gossip-drama-pics that the forum went nutso over a few months ago....but......

sometimes I like to look in on the stars 100/200 game to see who's there (neverwin, spyder44, broski, gavin, whoever?)

and jennicide is there with a fairly healthy roll.
guess I didn't know she was playing so high.

cwsiggy
07-30-2005, 10:47 PM
hmmmmmm - I see her in 2 $10 tournies now. Quite a difference.

Jordan Olsommer
07-30-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmmmmmm - I see her in 2 $10 tournies now. Quite a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, the circle of life - one week everybody wants to see pictures of you in your underwear, the next week you're selling that underwear to play in a sit 'n go. Sunrise, sunset.

lighterjobs
07-31-2005, 12:01 AM
i read somewhere she was going to be on one of the poker royale shows on game show network.

phish
07-31-2005, 12:42 AM
Sure it was her and not her boyfriend playing on her account? Is she still dating jdag?

whiskeytown
07-31-2005, 01:06 AM
I've seen her on and off the last couple months in various tourneys I've played - I was supposed to go out drinking after the last one and she told me to have one for her as well -

think I had about 5 - I was drinking for 4 other people that night /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

MicroBob
07-31-2005, 01:07 AM
did she date griff and THEN jdag or the other way around?

no idea.
but it would appear that if she's playing in a couple of $10 tourneys now (and that's where I have played against her...but that was a few mths ago) that it was very possibly not her using that account.

maybe BF watching over her shoulder as she got some bigger-game experience in...or something like that.

whoever it was had $17k at the table when i was watching.

phish
07-31-2005, 01:51 AM
she helped dig me out tonite

jennicide
07-31-2005, 03:15 AM
no, it's me...I just haven't been around on Stars much but I came back from the taping of the GSN show and decided that I can play under jennicide etc.

Analyst
07-31-2005, 03:23 AM
TheBruiser is at the 100/200 table (as is Daryn) and, well, the chat is interesting . . .

jennicide
07-31-2005, 03:25 AM
he's at the table, however, just railtarding.

Analyst
07-31-2005, 03:27 AM
given his chat, that may be a good idea for his bankroll.

Prevaricator
08-01-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
given his chat, that may be a good idea for his bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about?

flair1239
08-01-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not that I really followed much of the whole jennicide gossip-drama-pics that the forum went nutso over a few months ago....but......

sometimes I like to look in on the stars 100/200 game to see who's there (neverwin, spyder44, broski, gavin, whoever?)

and jennicide is there with a fairly healthy roll.
guess I didn't know she was playing so high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen this too. But I am pretty sure it is not her. I would be willing to bet it is one of her current boyfriends using her account. As when I saw her playing the game was four handed. I was suprised that it was not filling up with regulars looking to take her money.

razor
08-01-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I recall one day she was with griff and then a day or two later she was with jdag. There is no word on how many guys she saw between ending it with griff and starting up with jdag, but most guestimates have it pegged at 2.

jennicide
08-01-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have seen this too. But I am pretty sure it is not her. I would be willing to bet it is one of her current boyfriends using her account. As when I saw her playing the game was four handed. I was suprised that it was not filling up with regulars looking to take her money.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you willing to bet on this? I'm willing to take bets also. I also play regulars, were you watching? Did they take any money from me? I'm not that great yet, but I can certainly hold my own. How about you?

First off guys, seriously...who cares who I date and who they are. I'm 21...if you're so stuck on people's lives go to a newstand and buy a tabloid magazine. We as poker players have enough stress as it is with our careers. We don't need people worried about who we date. That's completely irrelevant. Nevertheless, everything stated is past "gossip." I no longer date Gavin and John. I made the mistake of letting people know anything personal about my life and trust me. It'll never happen again.

nolanfan34
08-01-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off guys, seriously...who cares who I date and who they are. I'm 21...if you're so stuck on people's lives go to a newstand and buy a tabloid magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Good god, I've never understood why people were even remotely interested in knowing this stuff.

47outs
08-01-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I no longer date Gavin and John.

[/ QUOTE ]

While we're on the topic, I no longer date a lot of gals. FWIW, I AM still dating a couple.

[ QUOTE ]

I made the mistake of letting people know anything personal about my life and trust me. It'll never happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting NOW? "I no longer date Gavin and John. "

haha

outs

jennicide
08-01-2005, 05:36 PM
it's old news btw. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

47outs
08-01-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I recall one day she was with griff and then a day or two later she was with jdag. There is no word on how many guys she saw between ending it with griff and starting up with jdag, but most guestimates have it pegged at 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Who cares man.

"most guestimates"... this post is pure trash.

I've already spent too much time on the topic... peece.

outs

stabn
08-01-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's old news btw. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At least a few of us pay so little attention to gossip we never knew you were dating them in the first place /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

jennicide
08-01-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least a few of us pay so little attention to gossip we never knew you were dating them in the first place .

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to know and very respectable. Class is hard to come by especially in these forums.

mmbt0ne
08-01-2005, 06:24 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
First off guys, seriously...who cares who I date and who they are. I'm 21...if you're so stuck on people's lives go to a newstand and buy a tabloid magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Nevertheless, everything stated is past "gossip."

[/ QUOTE ]

Forum title: News, Views, and Gossip

Sorry, that's the way it goes.

jennicide
08-01-2005, 06:37 PM
That's fine...I'm not the one making posts about people's personal lives. So at least I can walk away knowing I'm not a troll /images/graemlins/wink.gif

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it matters to most of us cause we're wondering if yer available or not /images/graemlins/wink.gif - probably has something to do with extreme jealously - /images/graemlins/grin.gif (of course, according to Astroglide, I'm Mr. Lilith Fair, so I could be the exception or it could be my intepretation)

good to see ya back - now get the hell out of here and go back to the MTT fourm where you belong and start posting all the tips/strategy that'll pull me out of this tourney hole I've dug myself in.

RB

jennicide
08-01-2005, 06:52 PM
haha thanks whiskey. However, I haven't played many MTTs except the 640 Saturday and the 500 on Stars Sunday. I finished 300 in the 640 and 400th in the 500 on Sunday. I'll wait until I turn my MTT successes around. I've been doing well in the 100/200 game on Stars though.

BottlesOf
08-02-2005, 10:13 AM
So are you single?

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So are you single?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouch for JBB, he is a tall good looking guy. Imagine a good looking (and much younger) Howard Lederer, he looks like he can be Howard's attractive son.

I see sparks flying already... how cute.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

VBM
08-02-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off guys, seriously...who cares who I date and who they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is why some guys on here would care;

Some do probably see it as an opportunity to flirt with you &amp; others comfort themselves and give themselves a reason to resent you b/c they insecurely reason;

"oh, only poker pros can get a girl like that"
or
"a guy needs to have a lot of $$ like &lt;insert name here&gt; or he can't get a girl like that and i feel better since i don't want a girl like that anyways"

as if you didn't already probably sense, even the most accomplished men are an innately insecure bunch. We're subconsciously wired to always compare our own merits to other males for mating potential. So, villainizing females we perceive as "out of our league" as opportunistic or shallow, and therefore poor mates, makes it easier to live with ourselves.

jackdaniels
08-02-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is why some guys on here would care;

Some do probably see it as an opportunity to flirt with you &amp; others comfort themselves and give themselves a reason to resent you b/c they insecurely reason;

"oh, only poker pros can get a girl like that"
or
"a guy needs to have a lot of $$ like &lt;insert name here&gt; or he can't get a girl like that and i feel better since i don't want a girl like that anyways"

as if you didn't already probably sense, even the most accomplished men are an innately insecure bunch. We're subconsciously wired to always compare our own merits to other males for mating potential. So, villainizing females we perceive as "out of our league" as opportunistic or shallow, and therefore poor mates, makes it easier to live with ourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Deep thinking my man.

BottlesOf
08-02-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm slightly disturbed by your post.

whiskeytown
08-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Trust TT - his word is good -

I told him when I visited him in NYC - the man is pimp - actually, he goes two steps beyond pimp - almost had me moving to NYC the next week - LOL

RB

jennicide
08-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Okay, well last time that I do share any type of "personal" information on myself. I am single and I plan to be for awhile. Currently, I'm just focusing on improving my game and getting my life organized. Sorry Johnny, but poker is definitely a set priority in my life.

kurosh
08-02-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you willing to bet on this? I'm willing to take bets also. I also play regulars, were you watching? Did they take any money from me? I'm not that great yet, but I can certainly hold my own. How about you?

First off guys, seriously...who cares who I date and who they are. I'm 21...if you're so stuck on people's lives go to a newstand and buy a tabloid magazine. We as poker players have enough stress as it is with our careers. We don't need people worried about who we date. That's completely irrelevant. Nevertheless, everything stated is past "gossip." I no longer date Gavin and John. I made the mistake of letting people know anything personal about my life and trust me. It'll never happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will put up 10k that you are not a winner at the stars 100/200 game.

burningyen
08-02-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Luv2DriveJBB?

jennicide
08-02-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the week I am still even after having two days of cold runs. I never said I was the best high limit player either. I'm definitely working to improve. After a few months of playing the 100/200 game, I'll have a better idea of whether or not I should take your bet.

B Dids
08-02-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the week I am still even after having two days of cold runs. I never said I was the best high limit player either. I'm definitely working to improve. After a few months of playing the 100/200 game, I won't have enough money to take your bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

You used to claim that you'd NEVER been a wining cash game player, and now you're playing 100/200?

cwsiggy
08-02-2005, 05:55 PM
hmmmm - she's playing there now.

jennicide
08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I had some solid advice from friends as well as readings.

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only slightly? Thats the last time I try to fix you up... next time you better be totally disturbed or not at all.

Jen lives in Delaware (why I can't imagine... its a hell hole of a state from what I have experienced of it, but thats her choice), JBB lives in NYC (hurah) so I guess it was never meant to be between you two anyway.

Good luck at the 100/200 game Jen. Happy to hear that you are rolled for it.

jennicide
08-02-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only slightly? Thats the last time I try to fix you up... next time you better be totally disturbed or not at all.

Jen lives in Delaware (why I can't imagine... its a hell hole of a state from what I have experienced of it, but thats her choice), JBB lives in NYC (hurah) so I guess it was never meant to be between you two anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I'd love to be in the LA or San Diego area. But I'm very close with my parents and live at home with them. I'm an only child for some background information. The separation will be tough for me, but it will be inevitable because I love the west coast.

GL to you also and thank you.

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I'd love to be in the LA or San Diego area. But I'm very close with my parents and live at home with them. I'm an only child for some background information. The separation will be tough for me, but it will be inevitable because I love the west coast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I should preface my Delaware diss by saying norther Delaware near Cape May isn't that bad. I've been there every month recently to see my 7 month old niece (my brother's a Coastie... huge military family and I'm the black sheep... or is that pimp?), although the people are a bit back woods I actually enjoy my time there.

Keep us up to date with your 100/200 play regardless if it's good or bad results. I know you don't like a magnifying glass on your life, but lets face it.. its too late to turn back now.

cwsiggy
08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Delaware does have the best micro bottled beer - Dogfish Head 60 IPA /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

djack
08-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Why is it that the thread is totally crap everytime this chick comes up?

And more importantly, who the hell chooses to live in Delaware?

jennicide
08-02-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Delaware does have the best micro bottled beer - Dogfish Head 60 IPA /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so funny that you say that. My parents are regulars of that bar! It's pretty strong beer. They always drink the Immortale. I'm a vodka/martini drinker so the Dog Fish Head vodka is pretty good for me.

jennicide
08-02-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I should preface my Delaware diss by saying norther Delaware near Cape May isn't that bad. I've been there every month recently to see my 7 month old niece (my brother's a Coastie... huge military family and I'm the black sheep... or is that pimp?), although the people are a bit back woods I actually enjoy my time there.

Keep us up to date with your 100/200 play regardless if it's good or bad results. I know you don't like a magnifying glass on your life, but lets face it.. its too late to turn back now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, will do.

cwsiggy
08-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Isn't the immortale like $9 per bottle??? I'll have to try it. I've heard their rum isn't very good.

djack
08-02-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I should preface my Delaware diss by saying norther Delaware near Cape May isn't that bad. I've been there every month recently to see my 7 month old niece

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't know Delaware geography very well.

jennicide
08-02-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the immortale like $9 per bottle??? I'll have to try it. I've heard their rum isn't very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's pretty expensive, and exceptionally strong. A little bit too strong for me. I like my light beers =) I've never tried the Rum either. If you're ever in Delaware, you have to check out the bar. Really down to earth people, good bands, and great food. The drinks are definitely the added bonus /images/graemlins/wink.gif

whiskeytown
08-02-2005, 07:45 PM
I knew someone from Delaware once - she said the whole goddamn state was owned by Dupont.

RB

djack
08-02-2005, 07:49 PM
It very much used to be. It's not anymore though.

MicroBob
08-02-2005, 07:58 PM
just getting caught up on this thread.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my sincerest apologies to jennicide.
i merely found it interesting that I happened to spot her playing the 100/200 game. i played a couple of $11-rebuys against her on stars and had her pegged as a pretty decent player from what I could tell (probably better than me).

The whole bit about 'who she's dating and why should anyone care' I agree with 100%.
I had paged through one of the earlier threads on this and was so uninterested that I didn't even remember that there was that whole j-dags thing going on.

I had seen Griffin playing the 100/200 a few weeks earlier and thought maybe she was dating him if i remembered correctly (which I didn't obviously)...so I also thought it wasn't impossible that I was watching Griffin play and not jennicide.

obviously it's pretty well known around here that she had dated both but I honestly forgot about one of them and just didn't know much about it anyway.

I was just observing that she was on the 100/200 table which I found interesting.

Anyway....I probably shouldn't have started such a silly and pointless thread...although my intentions weren't as bad as one might have thought.

Rock on jennicide and tear up that 100/200 game!!!!

Regarding the topic of whether or not she is good enough to beat it: I have no idea. I know very little about her game. Maybe she is good enough to beat it and maybe she isn't.

I do know however that I am definitely NOT good enough (nor sufficiently bankrolled) to beat it yet....and that's not likely to change in the immediate future.

jennicide
08-02-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just getting caught up on this thread.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my sincerest apologies to jennicide.
i merely found it interesting that I happened to spot her playing the 100/200 game. i played a couple of $11-rebuys against her on stars and had her pegged as a pretty decent player from what I could tell (probably better than me).

The whole bit about 'who she's dating and why should anyone care' I agree with 100%.
I had paged through one of the earlier threads on this and was so uninterested that I didn't even remember that there was that whole j-dags thing going on.

I had seen Griffin playing the 100/200 a few weeks earlier and thought maybe she was dating him if i remembered correctly (which I didn't obviously)...so I also thought it wasn't impossible that I was watching Griffin play and not jennicide.

obviously it's pretty well known around here that she had dated both but I honestly forgot about one of them and just didn't know much about it anyway.

I was just observing that she was on the 100/200 table which I found interesting.

Anyway....I probably shouldn't have started such a silly and pointless thread...although my intentions weren't as bad as one might have thought.

Rock on jennicide and tear up that 100/200 game!!!!

Regarding the topic of whether or not she is good enough to beat it: I have no idea. I know very little about her game. Maybe she is good enough to beat it and maybe she isn't.

I do know however that I am definitely NOT good enough (nor sufficiently bankrolled) to beat it yet....and that's not likely to change in the immediate future.

[/ QUOTE ]

To tell you the truth though, I'm glad you brought it up. I'd rather it publicly said that I am no longer dating Gavin and John so I'm not hounded all the time about it while I'm playing. Believe me, while I was at the Mirage not too long ago a lot of people came up to me and asked me where John was.

Nevertheless, I've played 100/200 for only about a week. I've done okay this last week, however, that's obviously not sufficient enough to tell whether or not I can beat the game. People will never know unless they try and challenge themselves and that is exactly what I'm doing. My shorthand and heads up play is much better than my full table play, which is all I've been able to calculate for now. I'm improving daily and actually am going to start playing higher limit live also as I'm heading down to AC this week.

I wish you the best of luck though Micro, and please don't feel responsible for creating the thread. Sometimes things need to be brought up in a respectable manner and you did just that.

bugstud
08-02-2005, 08:20 PM
microbob...respectable???? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MicroBob
08-02-2005, 10:07 PM
first time those two words have been uttered in the same sentence FOR SURE!!!

SinCityGuy
08-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Who is 'jennicide'?

housenuts
08-03-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who is 'jennicide'?

[/ QUOTE ]

housenuts
08-03-2005, 01:17 AM
so i checked out the 'big game' on pokerstars. right now it's jennicide (the person has a picture of a hot chic) vs. daryn.

here's one hand. a little cautious don't ya think?
PokerStars 100/200 Hold'em (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: is with , . posts a blind of $100.

Flop: (1.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333"> bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (1.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333"> bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, calls.

River: (5.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Results in white below:
has 6d 6s (three of a kind, sixes).
BB has Kc Qc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: wins 7.75 BB.

right now jennicide has a lot of daryn's chips but i haven't watched for too long, and i won't watch any longer. it's mind numbing

edit: converter messed up but it was HU and daryn was bb, jennicide was SB

MicroBob
08-03-2005, 05:21 AM
just called the river with a set of 6's? huh?
misclick? fatigue? multi-tabling?

search the archives for more info on jennicide if you really want to. it's all there.....good online player who also happens to be a young female so all the 2+2 nerdo's are predictably drooling.
as you may have surmised from this thread...part of her dating life of a couple of other poker players has become public knowledge.

jennicide
08-03-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just called the river with a set of 6's? huh?
misclick? fatigue? multi-tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some random person IM'd me in the middle of me playing. Was very mad. I figure my IM names are a bit too easy to figure out, so I'm changing them now. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

housenuts
08-03-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

search the archives for more info on jennicide if you really want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure i could care less. i prefer real girls to cyber girls

MicroBob
08-03-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i prefer real girls to cyber girls

[/ QUOTE ]

all avatar evidence to the contrary of course!

SinCityGuy
08-03-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good online player who also happens to be a young female so all the 2+2 nerdo's are predictably drooling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see.

Carry on, slavering fanboys.

housenuts
08-03-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh!! damn, caught in my own web of lies

bugstud
08-03-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i prefer real girls to cyber girls

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ni f'n han

tdarko
08-03-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
haha, very nice.

jedi
08-03-2005, 07:33 PM
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/3/24728563_F_tn.jpg

Link (http://www.cafepress.com/qtee.24728563)

jennicide
08-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Yeah, so sad...I really hope this guy didn't put any money out for the press of these shirts...It's a total waste imho.

whiskeytown
08-03-2005, 09:11 PM
depends - you're probably going to be increasing your profile substantially after the GSN show airs.

but it's a sweatshirt - lame - T-shirts are the only type of clothing I wear now unless someone's getting married or died. I could never wear the ugly Pokerstars collared shirts.

RB

jennicide
08-03-2005, 09:14 PM
No, someone told me the guy had tee shirts too. I'm most likely going to contact cafepress if this guy has even sold one shirt (which I doubt) he's using my trademark without me receiving any royalties or without my permission. Tsk Tsk.

cwsiggy
08-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey Jennicide, just saw Gus Hansen lose about 10k today on Stars 100/200. You'll have to play when he is there and increase your bankroll!!

MicroBob
08-04-2005, 12:58 AM
I saw that he was on early this morning (shortly after jennicide left actually...I think this was 6am or so eastern time).

Also:
note to self - get bankroll big enough to play in the 100/200 game with jennicide....then find out her new IM address and send random, weird spam to her (from different addresses of course) during key hands.

cwsiggy
08-04-2005, 01:28 AM
What is the roll for this game. 60k I imagine, going by the classic 300BB rule minimum?????

daryn
08-04-2005, 01:48 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
What is the roll for this game. 60k I imagine, going by the classic 300BB rule minimum?????

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

i would say at least $150,000

cwsiggy
08-04-2005, 02:17 AM
really? 750bb's
What happened to the 300 rule? Is that for lower limits??

augie00
08-04-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's for the limits where people suck, and sometimes 300 isn't even enough there.

Equal
08-04-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's for the limits where people suck, and sometimes 300 isn't even enough there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's really for winning players, at any limit.

MicroBob
08-04-2005, 04:15 AM
There is no freaking way I would play that game with only $60k.

it's shorthanded (many would say that leads to higher variance) and sometimes it's against some pretty good players.
even when it's against lousy players you can easily have a 50BB-100BB down-swing playing heads-up or 3-handed if your instincts are off and you catch some bad cards (or your opponent keeps getting garbage catches over and over).

If you're not prepared for the possibility of dropping $10k-$20k or more pretty darned quickly (as Gus Hansen supposedly did yesterday) then you shouldn't be playing there.....and a $60k bankroll just isn't enough for be to be able to so easily shake off a $10k down-swing.

I would say that $60k probably would allow me to feel pretty comfortable at 30/60....and maybe even taking some shots at 50/100 (assuming I also thought my game had improved enough to give it a go)

jason_t
08-04-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT knows a great young single guy living in Los Angeles.

captZEEbo1
08-04-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 300BB rule assumed you were a 1bb/100 winner or something like that, no?

Roswell
08-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Actually on Cafepress, it costs nothing out of pocket to set up a shop. But you can add whatever markup you want to the base price of the item. So for instance, if the guy added $5 to the original $15 cost of the sweatshirt, he makes $5 whenever someone buys one for $20. So whoever made the jopke hats and tshirts probably made some coin.

daryn
08-04-2005, 09:49 AM
really? 750bb's

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is, presumably at 100/200 you have a smaller winrate and a higher standard deviation. that does it right there.

cwsiggy
08-04-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the thing is, presumably at 100/200 you have a smaller winrate and a higher standard deviation. that does it right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

aha - that makes sense

housenuts
08-04-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

so have you built your bankroll up to this? i seen when you won a big payout in the stars tourney a few months back. or are you staked now?

jennicide
08-04-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so have you built your bankroll up to this? i seen when you won a big payout in the stars tourney a few months back. or are you staked now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't play the 100/200 if I couldn't personally handle the swings financially. I will not give the status of my winnings/success and/or bankroll. That is IMHO no one's business except my accountant's and I will not reveal that information.

Ulysses
08-04-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't play the 100/200 if I couldn't personally handle the swings financially. I will not give the status of my winnings/success and/or bankroll. That is IMHO no one's business except my accountant's and I will not reveal that information.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, he was replying to daryn.

razor
08-04-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Who cares man.

"most guestimates"... this post is pure trash.

I've already spent too much time on the topic... peece.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your detectors are broke.

I suppose if I'd added a /images/graemlins/tongue.gif it might have helped, but what's the fun in that?

slickpoppa
08-04-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but daryn and jennicide are very similar. They both look completely different in every picture

jennicide
08-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Ah, ok n/m /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Blonde moment hah!

jennicide
08-04-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but daryn and jennicide are very similar. They both look completely different in every picture

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so true!! I don't think I own a picture of myself that looks the same unless they were taken on the same day!

47outs
08-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Crap man. Sorry /images/graemlins/blush.gif

outs

daryn
08-04-2005, 11:49 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

straight cash, homey.

slickpoppa
08-05-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

straight cash, homey.

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo is a generous tipper

daryn
08-05-2005, 01:05 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

straight cash, homey.

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo is a generous tipper

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i've heard that too. not sure what it has to do with me building my bankroll though.

21times20
08-05-2005, 04:01 PM
jennicide do you think it would be possible for you to get the news journal to do an article promoting your appearance on GSN and that you could use it to lobby for bringing poker to delaware park and dover downs? poker seems like a great way to counteract any slot revenue loss from competition in PA and MD while keeping in line with Gov. Minner's desire not to expand gambling beyond the current racetracks

or if you're not willing to make any effort to use your fame to vastly shorten my commute, do you play long enough sessions (12-18 hrs) that we could carpool from newark to ac together?

tdarko
08-05-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jennicide do you think it would be possible for you to get the news journal to do an article promoting your appearance on GSN and that you could use it to lobby for bringing poker to delaware park and dover downs? poker seems like a great way to counteract any slot revenue loss from competition in PA and MD while keeping in line with Gov. Minner's desire not to expand gambling beyond the current racetracks

or if you're not willing to make any effort to use your fame to vastly shorten my commute, do you play long enough sessions (12-18 hrs) that we could carpool from newark to ac together?

[/ QUOTE ]
nice try. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jennicide
08-05-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I will be having the local channel 6 news do a bit about me and the show a week or so before it airs. News Journal will be publishing something as well. Once I get some downtime with some of my upcoming poker ventures, I can draft a House Bill and possibly get a representative of the State of Delaware to sign it. We'll see what happens. I haven't seen any particular bills proposed to the house about allowing smoke-free poker rooms in Delaware Park and/or Dover Downs. I too, agree with your point about competing with MD and PA.

I'm sorry but I usually just go to AC and stay there for a day or two, and I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable driving an hour or so with someone I didn't know.

cwsiggy
08-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Like your new website...

http://www.jennicide.com/

jennicide
08-05-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like your new website...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot, my designer just finished it up today.

08-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Since the website proves that jennicide is not hot, does this mean that all of the silly threads here will stop?

jennicide
08-05-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since the website proves that jennicide is not hot, does this mean that all of the silly threads here will stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

heh..trolls like you are the reason I stopped posting on this forum initally all together. People like you are so superficial. If you want to go look at supermodels and 'hot' girls, open a magazine. This is poker thread not a "Hot Chick" thread. If it were, I wouldn't be under there, I'm a normal 21 year old girl that plays poker for a living.

icetonez
08-05-2005, 07:06 PM
There's a reason GSN wanted to have a video conference with her. They obviously liked what they saw, and so do I.

21times20
08-05-2005, 07:55 PM
i was only being serious in the first part of my post really, in reality i'm probably more uncomfortable with the idea of being in a car that long with a stranger than you are, but anyone who has read the news journal enough to get a feel for their starting hand requirements for "news" articles knows i was completely serious about that part

if you don't mind i would like to confirm that you were in fact joking about drafting a bill and that you don't actually have any political experience or schooling?

for me personally, my poker "venture" is really not that time-consuming, so after reading what i assume to be a sarcastic remark i find myself asking the question "why can't i write a bill to legalize poker in delaware?" does anyone have any good answers to that question...or better yet does anyone have any advice or links to resources that would aid me in doing something like this? i have always been under the delusion that i write significantly better than the average person so really the only ingredient i think im missing is the technical knowledge of the law and the format of a modern written bill

kurosh
08-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

08-05-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

heh..trolls like you are the reason I stopped posting on this forum initally all together. People like you are so superficial. If you want to go look at supermodels and 'hot' girls, open a magazine. This is poker thread not a "Hot Chick" thread. If it were, I wouldn't be under there, I'm a normal 21 year old girl that plays poker for a living.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very full of yourself, aren't you?

jennicide
08-05-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you don't mind i would like to confirm that you were in fact joking about drafting a bill and that you don't actually have any political experience or schooling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Joking? No..I was a political science and philosophy double major in college. Actually for a whole semester we had to practice drafting/amending bills. Anyone can submit a bill to the House/Senate. It does have to be signed from a representative of the House if it is a House bill, if it is a Senate bill, it must be signed by a state Senator. This website Delaware Legislature (http://www.legis.state.de.us/Legislature.nsf?Open) would be quite informative for you, if you wish to proceed in this matter.

jennicide
08-05-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very full of yourself, aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I have enough class not to read a thread about another player, actually go to their website, then post a negative remark about it.

stabn
08-05-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After seeing your website, wow what a stuck up bitch gold-digger. "She has since become the highest ranked female for online poker in tournaments." ahahaha, yeah and you can beat the stars 1/2. Please. Get back in the kitchen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont be such a dick dude.

jennicide
08-05-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After seeing your website, wow what a stuck up bitch gold-digger. "She has since become the highest ranked female for online poker in tournaments." ahahaha, yeah and you can beat the stars 1/2. Please. Get back in the kitchen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...Did I give you a bad beat in a tournament or something? Haha...guy, if you don't like me, don't go to my website or read this thread. You've obviously wasted enough of your 'precious' time reading. Give me a break.

Ulysses
08-05-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...Did I give you a bad beat in a tournament or something? Haha...guy, if you don't like me, don't go to my website or read this thread. You've obviously wasted enough of your 'precious' time reading. Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense a kurosh v. jennicide 10k HU freezeout in the making.

Plenty of pics of both of them around, so someone pls make up a sweet battle poster!

jennicide
08-05-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was only being serious in the first part of my post really, in reality i'm probably more uncomfortable with the idea of being in a car that long with a stranger than you are, but anyone who has read the news journal enough to get a feel for their starting hand requirements for "news" articles knows i was completely serious about that part

for me personally, my poker "venture" is really not that time-consuming, so after reading what i assume to be a sarcastic remark i find myself asking the question "why can't i write a bill to legalize poker in delaware?" does anyone have any good answers to that question...or better yet does anyone have any advice or links to resources that would aid me in doing something like this? i have always been under the delusion that i write significantly better than the average person so really the only ingredient i think im missing is the technical knowledge of the law and the format of a modern written bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, in just doing some research for you. I found three bills already submitted to the House and the Senate. Two were regarding more 'charity' like events. The Senate bill regards table gaming. Senate Bill - Table Gaming (http://www.legis.state.de.us/LIS/LIS143.nsf/2bede841c6272c888025698400433a04/6867d6d7e8ede97e85256ff80077a5d8?OpenDocument&amp;High light=0,poker)
House Bill signed by Govenor Miner (http://www.legis.state.de.us/LIS/LIS143.nsf/2bede841c6272c888025698400433a04/42deb7317eabac6785256ff60061e078?OpenDocument&amp;High light=0,poker)

whiskeytown
08-05-2005, 08:39 PM
http://onthepatio.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/stfu.jpg

DesertCat
08-05-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ease up on Kurosh. He's just upset because he think's his girlfriend has been cheating on him with a bunch of guys while skinny dipping:)

-Skeme-
08-05-2005, 09:17 PM
http://www.jennicide.com/gallery/images/bigpictures3.jpg

Dan is such a pimp.

Beerfund
08-05-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like your new website...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it necessary to have the same expression in every single picture?
Head down! check
Tilted slightly to the left! check
Sh!t eating grin! check

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jennicide
08-05-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like your new website...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it necessary to have the same expression in every single picture?
Head down! check
Tilted slightly to the left! check
Sh!t eating grin! check

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I know I was laughing about that today with a friend. I need to go to the head tilters anonymous.

MicroBob
08-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Get back in the kitchen??

Welcome to 'idiot stereo-types from 40 years ago'.

cwsiggy
08-05-2005, 10:28 PM
I do have one critique. If you want to get ahead in the poker world, you are not really doing yourself any favors by associating yourself with the Dutch character. Though I'm sure is is nice to hang with.

-Skeme-
08-05-2005, 11:38 PM
You look a lot older. Possibly more mature. A bit different without the lingerie. Good luck with everything.

jennicide
08-05-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You look a lot older. Possibly more mature. A bit different without the lingerie. Good luck with everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I am...I was 17 in those photographs, and thank you.

ClaytonN
08-06-2005, 12:18 AM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7066/poster1wa.jpg

whiskeytown
08-06-2005, 12:24 AM
LETS GET READY TO SHUFFFFFFLLLLLEEEEEE!!!!!

RB

kurosh
08-06-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you quoting with the "precious?" I don't play NL tournaments very often. I play limit. Again, you have to turn everything into a big ego stroke. I am just [censored] pissed off about how you try to make yourself into a celebrity and do all this [censored] to get attention. Here's a good way to tell if you're a winner at the stars 1/2: sit down and see how quickly it fills up.

jennicide
08-06-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you quoting with the "precious?" I don't play NL tournaments very often. I play limit. Again, you have to turn everything into a big ego stroke. I am just [censored] pissed off about how you try to make yourself into a celebrity and do all this [censored] to get attention. Here's a good way to tell if you're a winner at the stars 1/2: sit down and see how quickly it fills up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not...I've attempted that...didn't fill up. I usually play shorthand anyway. Nevertheless, I never asked for attention like you say. I was invited through email and then through videoconference to appear on Poker Royale. My focus is playing cards, would you turn down a 50k televised freeroll? Doubtful.

Luv2DriveTT
08-06-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know two actually. Shant &amp; Klepton. I'll let them know you think so highly of them Jason /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just reading your web page Jen (only cause I can't believe there are 30 unread responses to this thread... I see testosterone kicked in overtime at 2+2), and was surprised to see that Erin Ness was included on that show with you. Erin's a nice girl, but a clueless player (sorry to be so crass, I'm not trying to offend her).

Has she quit her job as a photo assistant to play as a pro now? For her sake I hope not... she is not cut out for it.

21times20
08-06-2005, 01:17 AM
i don't think the senate bill has much of a chance of being passed as i doubt there is much support for the legalization of such a broad range of gambling, which is perhaps evidenced by the lack of a single co-sponsor. i think it also does not bode well for the bill that they had to make an amendment because the original draft was trying to add a subsection (d) to a section of the constitution that well, already had a subsection (d).

however, the fact that a bill has already been signed that goes into such detail defining the game No Limit Texas Hold'em, even if it is wasted on charity tournaments seems like it would make an amendment legalizing specifically the game of hold'em easier. i had previously read somewhere that a major hurdle to bringing any kind of table game to the racetracks was that it would require an amendment to the state constitution, but if they can legalize hold'em tournaments for charity organizations just by amending the delaware code it seems they could do the same to legalize ring games and tournaments at the racetracks.

now after typing all this during my researches i came across something in the code that makes me wonder if any law change is even needed, in the code for the gaming control board it says:

§ 1504. Poker games.

The Gaming Control Board shall promulgate rules and regulations concerning the game of poker; provided, however, a licensed organization shall not be prohibited from utilizing monitors and/or engaging the use of dealers at any poker game.
link (http://www.delcode.state.de.us/title28/c015/index.htm#P51_5189)

if state law already expressly gives the gaming control board the authority to regulate poker games why is any change in law necessary to add poker tables to the racetracks?

tdarko
08-06-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think the senate bill has much of a chance of being passed as i doubt there is much support for the legalization of such a broad range of gambling, which is perhaps evidenced by the lack of a single co-sponsor. i think it also does not bode well for the bill that they had to make an amendment because the original draft was trying to add a subsection (d) to a section of the constitution that well, already had a subsection (d).

however, the fact that a bill has already been signed that goes into such detail defining the game No Limit Texas Hold'em, even if it is wasted on charity tournaments seems like it would make an amendment legalizing specifically the game of hold'em easier. i had previously read somewhere that a major hurdle to bringing any kind of table game to the racetracks was that it would require an amendment to the state constitution, but if they can legalize hold'em tournaments for charity organizations just by amending the delaware code it seems they could do the same to legalize ring games and tournaments at the racetracks.

now after typing all this during my researches i came across something in the code that makes me wonder if any law change is even needed, in the code for the gaming control board it says:

§ 1504. Poker games.

The Gaming Control Board shall promulgate rules and regulations concerning the game of poker; provided, however, a licensed organization shall not be prohibited from utilizing monitors and/or engaging the use of dealers at any poker game.
link

if state law already expressly gives the gaming control board the authority to regulate poker games why is any change in law necessary to add poker tables to the racetracks?

[/ QUOTE ]
so who is going to actually read this?

MicroBob
08-06-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Has she quit her job as a photo assistant to play as a pro now? For her sake I hope not... she is not cut out for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know what she's been up to lately...but she is now one of the 'featured' type players on pokerstars (along with Moneymaker, Raymer, Isabelle Mercier).

I don't read the 'live at the bike' threads in the WPT forum...but I thought I saw in a different thread that she was playing at the featured table at 'live at the bike' a few weeks ago.
Again, I don't know the details...but it does seem like she is considering herself to be a fairly 'serious' poker player now.
Not sure what stakes they play at on 'live at the bike' but I would assume 100/200 or something (maybe higher).
Quite surprised when I heard she might have actually been on that table one night.

Anyone else with more Erin Ness gossip?
(well....jenn played with her in that GSN thing so I guess she would likely know)

jennicide
08-06-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know what she's been up to lately...but she is now one of the 'featured' type players on pokerstars (along with Moneymaker, Raymer, Isabelle Mercier).

I don't read the 'live at the bike' threads in the WPT forum...but I thought I saw in a different thread that she was playing at the featured table at 'live at the bike' a few weeks ago.
Again, I don't know the details...but it does seem like she is considering herself to be a fairly 'serious' poker player now.
Not sure what stakes they play at on 'live at the bike' but I would assume 100/200 or something (maybe higher).
Quite surprised when I heard she might have actually been on that table one night.

Anyone else with more Erin Ness gossip?
(well....jenn played with her in that GSN thing so I guess she would likely know)

[/ QUOTE ]

Erin Ness is a wonderful girl! She's beautiful on the inside and the outside. She doesn't go around saying she's one of the great players either. She is still learning and also strongly admits that. Erin is given the opportunties because she is very charismatic and hey, look at the facts...there's really NOT that many women in the game.

Erin has not quit her job at Maxim because she loves it. She also loves poker and wants to continue to pursue that direction and learn the game more.

I really enjoyed hanging out with Erin during the taping of Poker Royale. She's also a fun girl to play with at the table as she brings her outgoing personality with her play.

jason_t
08-06-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know two actually. Shant &amp; Klepton. I'll let them know you think so highly of them Jason /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a bastard.

Luv2DriveTT
08-06-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

A funny bastard who is willing to prop-bet you for Visa /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Luv2DriveTT
08-06-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Erin has not quit her job at Maxim because she loves it. She also loves poker and wants to continue to pursue that direction and learn the game more.

I really enjoyed hanging out with Erin during the taping of Poker Royale. She's also a fun girl to play with at the table as she brings her outgoing personality with her play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats good to hear she is sticking with her job at Maxim. Its not exactly the most glamorous of jobs (she is a photo assistant, its very low on the totem pole in my industry) but it shows that she is committed.

billyjex
08-06-2005, 12:58 PM
hahahahah dustinated. best thing you've ever done in your whole life clayton.

billyjex
08-06-2005, 01:00 PM
i'd just like to brag again that I busted Erin Ness.

in the WSOP main event.

AA vs AQ, booya.

(then I busted an hour later, I'm not that cool.)

DangerGoodson
08-06-2005, 05:56 PM
I think its funny that people ridicule this chick for marketing her self. Poker TV is a huge business, and are looking for attractive young females to reach demographics, and will scarifce some creditals to meet this goal. Even if she can't beat anything above the 5/10 I'd still rather look at her on TV than the Kathy Leibert's of the world.

She has just postioned herself to be one of these women the poker world is looking for, because it's too her benefit. Any good poker player knows that Freeroll tournies and sponerships are +EV. I mean I'm 21 too and I love it if someone offered me a chance to play in large $$$ freerolls. But sadly, the poker world isn't looking for anyone more average looking young white males.

augie00
08-06-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am just [censored] pissed off about how you try to make yourself into a celebrity and do all this [censored] to get attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, come on now. Just because fame and money don't seem to be among your goals doesn't mean you have to trash someone else for it being among theirs.

B Dids
08-06-2005, 10:12 PM
It's not the marketing part that's silly, if she can parlay being attractive into $, go her. It's the playing in a game where she's -EV because (based on her posts and conversations with her in IRC) I think she's a little too into the idea of of being "Jennicide, Professional Poker Player". I wonder if she's playing 100/200 because she thinks that's the best spot to make money, or the most visable?

housenuts
08-06-2005, 10:37 PM
what irc channel do poker players gather on?

B Dids
08-07-2005, 10:46 AM
#twoplustwo on effnet. But if you're going there just to mack on Jennicide, she doesn't hang out there anymore.

Luv2DriveTT
08-07-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd just like to brag again that I busted Erin Ness.

in the WSOP main event.

AA vs AQ, booya.

[/ QUOTE ]

As have I in a charity event in NYC, but I outplayed her to make her go bust rather than let a coin toss decide.

jennicide
08-07-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not the marketing part that's silly, if she can parlay being attractive into $, go her. It's the playing in a game where she's -EV because (based on her posts and conversations with her in IRC) I think she's a little too into the idea of of being "Jennicide, Professional Poker Player". I wonder if she's playing 100/200 because she thinks that's the best spot to make money, or the most visable?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like I have said "Jennicide, best female poker player in the world." Poker has been my source of income for about a year now. I play the 100/200 to challenge myself. However, personally I think it'd be in your own best interest to focus on your own game instead of my career, motives and life. This is certainly my last post in this ridiculous thread and it should be yours as well.

B Dids
08-07-2005, 02:47 PM
The great thing about the internet is that you CAN focus on your own game and interests, and still have time to make off hand observations about other people.

If you put yourself in a position where you say "TALK ABOUT ME, TALK ABOUT ME" you can't really get upset when people talk about you.

housenuts
08-07-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#twoplustwo on effnet. But if you're going there just to mack on Jennicide, she doesn't hang out there anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

please

Equal
08-07-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you put yourself in a position where you say "TALK ABOUT ME, TALK ABOUT ME" you can't really get upset when people talk about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

augie00
08-07-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, personally I think it'd be in your own best interest to focus on your own game instead of my career, motives and life. This is certainly my last post in this ridiculous thread and it should be yours as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man Jenn, you were doing so good in this thread until this post. This is the type of crap that you WANT to happen. It's called "life in the spotlight."

Politley responding to questions in threads like this and ignoring the retards will increase your popularity a lot. I'm not trying to be your agent here, I'm just saying. I'm no expert on maintaining celebrity but it appears that you aren't either. We all need a little reminder now and again.

jennicide
08-07-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Politley responding to questions in threads like this and ignoring the retards will increase your popularity a lot. I'm not trying to be your agent here, I'm just saying. I'm no expert on maintaining celebrity but it appears that you aren't either. We all need a little reminder now and again.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between politely responding to respectable questions and stating my own opinion. I wouldn't have responded to B Dids post so cruely if he had taken the time to use his own common sense and see the replies to other questions and comments.

Sure, flame me if I proclaim to be a World Champion or expert of the game, but I'm still learning daily.

I'm pretty sure you'd get annoyed also if people consistently claim to have spoken to you then say that you're -EV in a game that they don't even play based upon complete ignorance.

trying2learn
08-07-2005, 05:59 PM
"This is certainly my last post in this ridiculous thread"

that didn't last long...

but i don't blame you for defending youself...screw what anybody says on here, just do your thing and have fun.

good luck to ya.

jennicide
08-07-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

that didn't last long...

but i don't blame you for defending youself...screw what anybody says on here, just do your thing and have fun.

good luck to ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe...shhh I'm an indecisive female /images/graemlins/confused.gif But I'll reply to good posts anytime...I just got back from AC and was tired and cranky! I'm allowed to have bad moods too lol. Plus, I'll respond to Augie cause he's a good 2+2'er.

cwsiggy
08-07-2005, 07:18 PM
What level did you play in AC? How did ya do?? If you don't want to say I understand.

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
08-07-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that didn't last long...

good luck to ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe...shhh I'm an indecisive female /images/graemlins/confused.gif But I'll reply to good posts anytime...I just got back from AC and was tired and cranky! I'm allowed to have bad moods too lol. Plus, I'll respond to Augie cause he's a good 2+2'er.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH SHIIIT AUGIE
YOU GO BIG BOY

08-07-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7066/poster1wa.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

This headsup match of high limit Texas Holdem will go down in history as one of the greatest competetive endevours of all time.

augie00
08-07-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure you'd get annoyed also if people consistently claim to have spoken to you then say that you're -EV in a game that they don't even play based upon complete ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I would! Those are the aformentioned "retards" that I was talkin' about. You just gotta brush 'em off; you're the only one who knows if you can beat 100/200, so who cares what Kurosh has to say about it? If you had no celebrity it would be a different story, but those hating for the sake of hating don't deserve your time.

Maybe if I had some fame I'd feel differently. I hope I wouldn't anyway. Maybe we will see after I win the PCA. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jennicide
08-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Planned on playing 40/80 at the Borgata. Ended up just going down and having a blast!

cwsiggy
08-07-2005, 11:05 PM
You'll have to hit the tables Cindy Violette plays (not sure where or how high) and take her bankroll. Might have to work up to that though....

Kevmath
08-07-2005, 11:20 PM
"Mr. King",

Will you be taking 50% of the winner's actions, like you usually do?

Kevin...

P.S. Don't forget to add a few imaginary words when you hype this epic battle.

MicroBob
08-08-2005, 02:33 AM
.......speaking of Gus Hansen!!! (as we were earlier)....he's 3-tabling the 100/200 right now.

I think he's down about $10k again but am not sure (maybe he's rebought a zillion times for all I know)

MicroBob
08-08-2005, 02:34 AM
correction..he's 4 tabling the 100/200

flair1239
08-08-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play the 100/200 to challenge myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being that you are a professional now; do you think this is the best reason to play this game.

Surely there are other games that would be both challenging enough to improve your game while making more money, with less variance than the Stars 100/200. It sounds as if ego issues are motivating you to play this game. Unless there is some other motivation/incentive you are not sharing with the rest of the class.

BTW, I apologise for my comment earlier in the thread.

CallMeIshmael
08-08-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I apologise for my comment earlier in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just stop making judgements of people's character/ability based on second hand and/or limited information, and these things wont happen in the futre.

Trix
08-08-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is certainly my fourth last post in this ridiculous thread

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

tpir90036
08-08-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This headsup match of high limit Texas Holdem will go down in history as one of the greatest competetive endevours of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the worst gimmick accounts ever. Don King would have come up with many more splendiferous words to describe this megaepical battle of magnabulous proportionations.

B00T
08-08-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, she still works at Maxim.

theredwave
08-08-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don King would have come up with many more splendiferous words to describe this megaepical battle of magnabulous proportionations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Much better. Here is one of my favorite authentic Don King quotes:
[ QUOTE ]
"I'm a promoter of the people for the people and by the people and my magic lies in my people ties. I'm a promoter of America. I'm American people. You know what I mean? So therefore, uh, do not send for who the bell tolls 'cause the bell tolls for thee."

[/ QUOTE ]

FoxwoodsFiend
08-09-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD. I was just thinking the same thing-I'd never seen her until just now. No offense to Jennicide, who is a perfectly decent-looking girl, but the fact that everybody seems to be ejaculating at the very thought of her is pretty pathetic.

VBM
08-09-2005, 02:37 AM
man...this thread is still near the top?

1. leave this girl alone already. who cares what she plays?

2. "Jennicide" sounds really unpleasant, no offense. there's got to be a more like, nice-person sounding play on words...

08-09-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the worst gimmick accounts ever. Don King would have come up with many more splendiferous words to describe this megaepical battle of magnabulous proportionations.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a disheartening travesty that I could even be accused of making up words. Don King is master wordsmith. Don King is like a great painter with the English language as his canvas. Your insinuation is disgusting, disturbing, disreputable, and blasphemous, not to mention libelous, slanderous and generally defamatory. I don’t know what kind of people you’re used to dealing with, but you better not [censored] with Don King baby. I went from rags to riches and I didn’t get there by taking [censored] from no uneducated, uninformed, uncouth, and disingenuous punk.

samjjones
08-09-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd just like to brag again that I busted my nut to Erin Ness.

in the WSOP main event.

AA vs AQ, booya.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

TheWorstPlayer
08-09-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
man...this thread is still near the top?

1. leave this girl alone already. who cares what she plays?

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to bump it.

Quicksilvre
08-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Okay...once again I am a tard. Who is Jennicide?

IronDragon1
08-09-2005, 12:46 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
i'd just like to brag again that I busted my nut to Erin Ness.

in the WSOP main event.

AA vs AQ, booya.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

daryn
08-09-2005, 01:49 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a disheartening travesty that I could even be accused of making up words. Don King is master wordsmith. Don King is like a great painter with the English language as his canvas. Your insinuation is disgusting, disturbing, disreputable, and blasphemous, not to mention libelous, slanderous and generally defamatory. I don’t know what kind of people you’re used to dealing with, but you better not [censored] with Don King baby. I went from rags to riches and I didn’t get there by taking [censored] from no uneducated, uninformed, uncouth, and disingenuous punk.

[/ QUOTE ]

decent comeback

tpir90036
08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's much better. Although I still stand by my opinion that Don King would have come up with at least a few portmanteaus here and there.

Army Eye
08-09-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play the 100/200 to challenge myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Surely there are other games that would be both challenging enough to improve your game while making more money, with less variance than the Stars 100/200. It sounds as if ego issues are motivating you to play this game. Unless there is some other motivation/incentive you are not sharing with the rest of the class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does seem like a weird reason to play in that game, but, It's not her money, so what's the diff, right?

jennicide
08-09-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does seem like a weird reason to play in that game, but, It's not her money, so what's the diff, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh?

augie00
08-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Holy crap, happy effin birthday

sublime
08-10-2005, 04:42 AM
how did this chick become 'somebody'? is she one of the clowns who plays on TV or something?

lighterjobs
08-10-2005, 07:06 AM
http://www.jennicide.com/gallery/images/bigpictures.jpg

another reason why dutch should be hated.

lighterjobs
08-10-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a good way to tell if you're a winner at the stars 1/2: sit down and see how quickly it fills up.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, i railbirded the 1/2 game the other night and saw she played heads up for at least thirty minutes.

cwsiggy
08-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Been watching the Stars 100/200. Without seeing all the sessions, TheCount seems to have her number in that game.

IronDragon1
08-10-2005, 12:20 PM
http://www.jennicide.com/gallery/images/bigpictures.jpg

another reason why dutch should be hated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy Erin Ness sure looks uncomfortable in that pic

jennicide
08-10-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Been watching the Stars 100/200. Without seeing all the sessions, TheCount seems to have her number in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well..I kept trying to wait him out until he started to "cool down." The guy definitely is having an amazing run. I couldn't beat him at times with a set.

cwsiggy
08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Someone suggested once he is Barry Greenstein but I really don't think so. Anyone know who this guy is. Never seems to lose at the Stars 100/200.

bicyclekick
08-10-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone suggested once he is Barry Greenstein but I really don't think so. Anyone know who this guy is. Never seems to lose at the Stars 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, there is no way it's barry. Unless barry isn't very good at limit holdem. Cause I don't think thecount is very good.

Schneids
08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheCount is one of the more famous internet poker players on the planet, most notably for his HU play and contributions to the University of Alberta's (might be wrong but it was some Canadian university) HU bot.

As for his actual poker game, I've seen him do a lot of weird unorthodox things lately. I have no idea if he's winning but I cannot imagine a lot of his moves are +EV (preflop in particular in 5+ handed settings). He plays postflop very well, is a good hand reader, and generally plays more passive (esp out of position) than most people at 100/200.

His name is Gautam Rao and this is a picture of him:
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~darse/NYT/NYTp1_files/10poke_002.jpg

If you wanna know more about him for some odd reason you can PM skp and he might be willing to tell you more; I'm pretty sure I recall skp saying he's played with thecount live and thecount always did very well in their games.

cwsiggy
08-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Ah yes - that's what I read a while back bout him. I think the Greenstein thing was speculation on a similar name. He seems to be crushing the 100/200 lately.

lighterjobs
08-10-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah yes - that's what I read a while back bout him. I think the Greenstein thing was speculation on a similar name. He seems to be crushing the 100/200 lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it's the similar name thing, a while back someone on rgp posted that barryg looked like count chocula.

celiboy
08-10-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheCount is one of the more famous internet poker players on the planet, most notably for his HU play and contributions to the University of Alberta's (might be wrong but it was some Canadian university) HU bot.

As for his actual poker game, I've seen him do a lot of weird unorthodox things lately. I have no idea if he's winning but I cannot imagine a lot of his moves are +EV (preflop in particular in 5+ handed settings). He plays postflop very well, is a good hand reader, and generally plays more passive (esp out of position) than most people at 100/200.

His name is Gautam Rao and this is a picture of him:
http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~darse/NYT/NYTp1_files/10poke_002.jpg

If you wanna know more about him for some odd reason you can PM skp and he might be willing to tell you more; I'm pretty sure I recall skp saying he's played with thecount live and thecount always did very well in their games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a radio interview with him....some say he has won the most money online of any player going back to the Planet Poker days when internet poker was just starting up. Just follow the link and click on Part 2 midway down.

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/poker/Press/cbc1.html

DcifrThs
08-10-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, there is no way it's barry. Unless barry isn't very good at limit holdem. Cause I don't think thecount is very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't even believe this is an ISSUE.

there is a 0% chance thecount=barry

-Barron

kipin
08-11-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I'll respond to Augie cause he's a good 2+2'er.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got a sex chair waiting for you.

siccjay
08-14-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable driving an hour or so with someone I didn't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the walls....come tumblin down

hahahaha sucker

siccjay
08-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Disregard the morans, everyone on 2+2 can beat the Stars 100/200 if they only the roll!

I, like the others, am jealous that you can even sit down in that game. Visit us in OOT sometime, I'd like to see if we can get a post up to 47 pages long in less than an hour. (insert You can do it voice)

grabdemankles
08-14-2005, 08:26 PM
flippin tricks again?

TheHip41
09-11-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who is 'jennicide'?

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares.

TStoneMBD
09-11-2005, 07:18 AM
way to bump a thread that should have died a month ago for no reason.

TheHip41
09-11-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
way to bump a thread that should have died a month ago for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know how I ended up in this thread. I didn't notice how old it was /images/graemlins/grin.gif My bad. Flame away.

benkahuna
09-11-2005, 04:49 PM
It's ok, the other guy bumped it too. Nothing quite as ironic as the criticize-the-guy-for-bumping-the-thread bump.

A short dramatic soliloquy:

How can you guys talk about this??? Oh crap. By responding, I talked about it too. Doh!

In all my wasted time on internet forums, one thing has never changed. Posters are unwittingly tricked into contributing to threads they don't like, like bees to honey.

MicroBob
09-11-2005, 05:38 PM
&lt;bump&gt;

Army Eye
09-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Replying two hours after the bump hardly qualifies as a re-bump..

benkahuna
09-14-2005, 04:01 AM
Doesn't exactly help it go down the bottom of the list either...

It's a bump, but maybe you mean it's not as bad as reviving a month old thread which is true. It's not AS bad, but it's still hypocritical to contribute to something when you indicate it sucks and should disappear. It kind of defeats the purpose, wouldn't you say?

The last line of my previous post stands.

If you don't like a thread on the net, ignore it. Posting in it does not help it go away.

Enough OT stuff...

I read the thread and actually thought it was kind of neat. Jennicide seems very cool for a woman her age and there were a few intersting things discussed. And anyone perturbed at frivolity in a "News, Views, Gossip" thread really needs to learn to take life less seriously.

There are real issues such as unsolved crimes in your neighborhood, people driving on underinflated tires (bad example actually--a lot of gas could be saved with better inflation...), people riding in the wrong gear on their bikes (why are they pedaling so damn fast??!!), and people paying too much for auto insurance!