PDA

View Full Version : The Movie "A Bronx Tale." Just an Observation

11-20-2001, 05:54 AM
A pretty good movie, but do you notice how Robert De Niro's son starts off as a very sharp little kid, then they fast forward to where he's 17 and he's a dunce!

[One example(paraphrasing), he talks to the black girl for the first time and asks, "So, do you know how to make sauce?" "Sauce?", she replys. He says, "Yeah you know, sauce...for macaroni."]

11-20-2001, 07:10 AM
Great movie, but that is a good point you make. BTW for me to say "great" is rare, I think I can only say that about maybe a dozen movies.

11-20-2001, 05:07 PM
Huh?

How is that sentence and example of dunce-ery? (this is a perfectly cromulent word). Unless you mean the "macaroni" comment instead of "Pasta." But hey - it's an Italian thing...

=)

I LOVE that movie - reminds me of my cousins... I think that he was just nervous around the young woman, and especially given the time and the ethnic differences, nerves would be extremely high.

Seems to me that C was just a "typical" adolescent, and still was sharp - especially compared with his friends....

I love the part where Chazz Palmenteri was giving him his car and talking about the "test." and C says "The Mario test?" and CP says, "The Mario test?! Mario's a fucking idiot, no this test..."

heh.