PDA

View Full Version : Food buffs, I need a suggestion.

squeek12
07-30-2005, 05:46 PM
I want to cook a nice meal for my wife, and have decided to grill some red snapper from a recent fishing excursion. I am a self-proclaimed grill master, but I'm not sure what to serve as a side dish to compliment the snapper. Suggestions appreciated.

MrTrik
07-30-2005, 06:02 PM
If you both are ok with asparagus, put some in tin foil, double lined is best, drisel with olive oil, sprinkle lemon peppor or add garlic, toss it on the gril a while before the fish. Good stuff. Don't forget to cut the asparagus down first. Just eliminate the 1/3 or 1/4 of it's length from the stalk end using a knife.

MrTrik
07-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Corn on the cob on the grill is also excellent this time of year. Soak the corn first though, for an hour. Peel back the skins and slather in butter/margerine and some salt. Pull the skins back up and toss it on the upper rack of the grill.

johnc
07-30-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you both are ok with asparagus, put some in tin foil, double lined is best, drisel with olive oil, sprinkle lemon peppor or add garlic, toss it on the gril a while before the fish. Good stuff. Don't forget to cut the asparagus down first. Just eliminate the 1/3 or 1/4 of it's length from the stalk end using a knife.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put the stalks directly on the grill, full length, coated w/evo.

guller
07-30-2005, 06:18 PM
rice

jakethebake
07-30-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rice

[/ QUOTE ]

this was going to be my suggestion.

PoBoy321
07-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Personally, I would suggest risotto.

MrTrik
07-30-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I put the stalks directly on the grill, full length, coated w/evo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never tried that, but it sounds worth a shot. Got some nice northern Minnesota walleye hitting the grill tommorow, I think I'll try out your idea.

johnc
07-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Risotto goes well. It's a bit of a hassle to prepare but I feel the results are well worth the time & effort. Make sure to use chicken stock for the liquid and not H2O. You might also grill a portobello mushroom, chop up and incorporate this into the risotto.

Blarg
07-30-2005, 06:40 PM
How about something acidic to go with the fish, like a cucumber, tomato, and tangerine salad with lemon juice dressing, maybe some chopped fresh parsley to give it a bite. Fresh, clean, light flavors, with a bit of complimentary acid to go with the fish.