View Full Version : Ice

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-30-2005, 05:04 PM

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
07-30-2005, 05:08 PM
i dont drink soda.

TheIrishThug
07-30-2005, 05:20 PM
if the soda gets warm between the time it comes out of the fountian and the time u r done, u r not drinking fast enough.

dtbog
07-30-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont drink soda unless it has alcohol in it

[/ QUOTE ]

shadow29
07-30-2005, 05:30 PM
I like a little bit of ice in my coke. But those fers at Chick-fil-A fill up the the cup so much with ice that you probably get 5 oz. of coke. So I just tell them "no ice".

Damn cheapskates.

gorie
07-30-2005, 05:33 PM
it depends on how much ice.

we normally go to the same restaurant, and the other day some new guy waited on us, it was kind of annoying because he filled the glass with so much ice it ruined the whole 2 sips of coke that was in my glass by being too watered down.

i was hoping after we asked for a refill 20 seconds later he'd maybe decide not to put so much ice in the second time. but nope /images/graemlins/frown.gif kinda ruined the meal.

DasLeben
07-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Sonic Burger always puts a [censored]-ton of crushed ice in their drinks. You only get like 4-5 good sips before you're done. It's annoying.

mmbt0ne
07-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Zaxby's is the best for post drink ice chewing.

New001
07-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Clearly, the only correct answer is the first. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a racist.

JMP300z
07-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I hate crushed ice...I love Zaxbys....therefore I have a dilemma...

It took me a while to solve it...but usually i just dump the ice on the soda drain.

Also...dont chew ice...its terrible for your teeth.

-JP

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-30-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also...dont chew ice...its terrible for your teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate?

Also, I don't care, I'm not stopping.

-Craig

New001
07-30-2005, 07:59 PM
My dentist always said chewing ice is bad for your teeth. But yeah, not like it'd make me stop doing it.

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-30-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My dentist always said chewing ice is bad for your teeth. But yeah, not like it'd make me stop doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me dentist also tells me that I'm supposed to floss.

-Craig

gorie
07-30-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

you better start if you don't...

New001
07-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Man, flossing is addictive. I just started over the summer, and I keep a little floss thing by my computer now.

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-30-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I've never had a cavity, and my teeth are cleen. I use mouthwash which is just as good. (at least that's what the commercial tells me)

-Craig

grtflone
07-30-2005, 08:06 PM
I prefer my cold beverages with ALOT of ice.

gorie
07-30-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I've never had a cavity, and my teeth are cleen. I use mouthwash which is just as good. (at least that's what the commercial tells me)

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

the commercial lies. mouthwash doesn't get food out from between teeth and gums, at least not nearly as effective as flossing. it was just a suggestion, i don't want your teeth to fall out.

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-30-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

the commercial lies. mouthwash doesn't get food out from between teeth and gums. it was just a suggestion, i don't want your teeth to fall out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the concern, but I'll take my chances.

-Craig

captswifty
07-30-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't use ice, but that's only because most restaurants don't clean out their ice machine. Do you have any idea how disgusting most ice machines are? No way are they putting that crap in my drink.

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-30-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't use ice, but that's only because most restaurants don't clean out their ice machine. Do you have any idea how disgusting most ice machines are? No way are they putting that crap in my drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you for telling me this.

-Craig

CORed
07-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Flossing is more useful at preventing gum disease than tooth decay. If your gums bleed when you brush your teeth, it's already started, and may eventually cause you to lose all of your teeth. Mouthwash doesn't get all the crud out from between your teeth and under your gums. Using mouthwash or hydrogen peroxide after flossing will help, especially if you already have some gingivitis (bleeding gums).

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Bleeding gums, like this?

http://simpsons.metropoliglobal.com/famosos/7G06RonTaylor.jpg

Sponger15SB
07-30-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you think that once every 6 months isn't enough? Sheesh...

JMP300z
07-30-2005, 08:37 PM
well teeth are pretty hard and your muscles of mastication are pretty strong....

Think about what happens when you freeze something. Like forexample a tree in an icestorm....you see how fragile it becomes?

You see where im going w/ this?

If you want to crack the f out of your teeth...make them real cold and then push them against really hard objects...until the hard object breaks and all the force concentrated on the ice becomes concentrated on the teeth when they slam together...think about how much force it takes to crush an ice cube...

Anyways you get the point...chewing ice is one of the worst habits you can do for your teeth.

Also floss. But I wont harp on you if you dont...its a hard habit to start. Im just starting to myself after seeing all the crud that comes b/w your teeth on a day to day basis and what can happen to your gingival attachment. I suggest maybe flossing only your top teeth or bottom teeth a day or start out every other day...maybe do half at night half in the morning. Like others said..its addictive.

Your resident dental student.
-JP

captswifty
07-30-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you think that once every 6 months isn't enough? Sheesh...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be happy if every place cleaned them out every six months. I've talked to friends about the restaurants that they work at, and some of them never clean their ice machines. Personally, I think they should be cleaned every 90 days, but that won't happen at most places.