PDA

View Full Version : Marcel Luske and sunglasses

07-30-2005, 04:28 PM
I'd always thought that Marcel Luske was just being goofy when he had his sunglasses upside down, but now I've realized that it does make some sense.

It shields your eyes when someone looks at you, but because the sunglasses are upside down, it makes it easier to look down at your hole cards.

Kinda brilliant really.

Peter666
07-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Still looks faggy.

GrannyMae
07-30-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd always thought that Marcel Luske was just being goofy when he had his sunglasses upside down, but now I've realized that it does make some sense.

It shields your eyes when someone looks at you, but because the sunglasses are upside down, it makes it easier to look down at your hole cards.

Kinda brilliant really.

[/ QUOTE ]

he wears them upside down to cover that big knot over his left eye.

seriously

SinCityGuy
07-31-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Still looks faggy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get back to us when you have over $2 million in career tournament winnings.

Rosie5
07-31-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still looks faggy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get back to us when you have over $2 million in career tournament winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

your tournament winnings don't determine your level of gayness.

Richard Simmons could take down the 2006 WSOP main event but he's still a flamer

SinCityGuy
07-31-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor will a lack of talent prevent a cyberposter from sitting behind a keyboard and taking a cheap shot at a successful person.

Sponger15SB
07-31-2005, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor will a lack of talent prevent a cyberposter from sitting behind a keyboard and taking a cheap shot at a successful person.

[/ QUOTE ]

which still wouldn't change the fact that he looks stupid

also...

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/austin_powers_in_goldmember/mike_myers/goldmember.jpg

"I'm from Holland, isn't that Vierd?"

Peter666
07-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Your 2006 "Card Player" Player of the Year

images.usatoday.com/.../ 03/25/inside-simmons.jpg

Or wait, wasn't that the 2004 Player of the Year...........

Big Business
08-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I heard an interview one time where he said he just does all of that stuff to throw players off. They see the glasses and the hat and the way he acts they think he is a crazy loose player. He said it sets his table image as one way and then plays another.

I dont' know...if obviously works some what considering he has won so much. Who are we to doubt him?

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which still wouldn't change the fact that he looks stupid

also...

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/austin_powers_in_goldmember/mike_myers/goldmember.jpg

"I'm from Holland, isn't that Vierd?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice, sponger!

fluorescenthippo
08-01-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It shields your eyes when someone looks at you

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt why poker players wear sunglasses

XXXNoahXXX
08-01-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it is.

samjjones
08-01-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard an interview one time where he said he just does all of that stuff to throw players off. They see the glasses and the hat and the way he acts they think he is a crazy loose player. He said it sets his table image as one way and then plays another.

I dont' know...if obviously works some what considering he has won so much. Who are we to doubt him?

[/ QUOTE ]
He must have read a Ken Warren book...

Meraxes
08-01-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more so other players don't know when you're looking at them.

XXXNoahXXX
08-01-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more so other players don't know when you're looking at them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats what I meant, that its so players don't know when you're looking at them and also to hide some twitchy tells. I just wanted to make sure he didn't think they were purely for intimidation or the bad set lighting. Case-in-point: Raymer's famous shades were def. not for intimidation.

Broadsword
08-01-2005, 06:05 PM
I thought everyone knew this...

lapoker17
08-01-2005, 07:18 PM
This was well played.

detroitplayer
08-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Well, the thing is, Raymer turns his whole head around when he is looking at someone.

Take someone like Jesus, who keeps his head still when he is looking at people out of the corners of his eyes.

Angrymoog
08-01-2005, 11:18 PM
This brings back memories of when I first got into poker about a year and a half ago. I was trying to go buy the Matthew Hilger book, and ended up in a bookstore, so I thought I'd buy a book on poker.

Only problem was I hadn't planned on being in the store, so I couldnt remember Hilger. I don't think it was in stock, so I just guessed the name as best I could and Ken Warren was what I thought it might be.

What an awful book to get starting out.

Mackie
08-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Twitchy tells? I've always believed the advantage of shades was being able to look wherever you want with noone else knowing for sure where you are looking. Whenever I'm in a hand as the flop is being dealt I'm looking at a players face or their hands - never at the board (I wear these (http://www.pokerlenz.com) - no need to put them upside down). But there is one eye tell I could see coming in handy but I don't know if it's reliable or not - blinking. Anyone ever find a "blink" tell?

detroitplayer
08-02-2005, 08:30 PM
That asian guy who beat Jennifer H. blinked and twitched like a [censored] crack addict. He also had a mean lisp.