PDA

View Full Version : fold river? or look him up?

Big Limpin'
07-30-2005, 03:41 PM
sorry converter busted....

so i turn mid-flush, but only call minraise, which may be awful in and of itself, but i really wanted to see river NOT double pair, thn pop him. but then it did, and i called anyways.

Is this bad/really bad/morrendous? or is it ok call?

Hello illa5th,
You have recently requested your transcript of the game number 2449537707.

***** Hand History for Game 2449537707 *****
30/60 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 14393876) - Sat Jul 30 15:29:23 EDT 2005
Table Table 11515 (Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: eJ_kramer (335)
Seat 2: Cubbies114 (880)
Seat 3: illa5th (2055)
Seat 4: VEGASBOUND19 (1485)
Seat 5: The_Jopker (1000)
Seat 6: CCBoss (1095)
Seat 7: Pelicanpat (915)
Seat 8: Rage_Kinkade (1250)
Seat 9: ohulahand (985)
VEGASBOUND19 posts small blind (15)
The_Jopker posts big blind (30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to illa5th [ 9d, Td ]
CCBoss folds.
Pelicanpat folds.
Rage_Kinkade calls (30)
ohulahand folds.
eJ_kramer folds.
Cubbies114 folds.
illa5th calls (30)
VEGASBOUND19 raises (45) to 60
The_Jopker folds.
Rage_Kinkade calls (30)
illa5th calls (30)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6d, 3d, 6h ]
VEGASBOUND19 bets (30)
Rage_Kinkade folds.
illa5th calls (30)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ad ]
VEGASBOUND19 bets (30)
illa5th calls (30)
** Dealing River ** : [ Ac ]
VEGASBOUND19 bets (225)

HERO ???

11t
07-30-2005, 03:52 PM
I dislike calling the minraise. Doublepairing isn't your only problem, if another diamond hits you could be up the crick without a paddle.

I'd probably fold the river since you got there so cheap and he throws out that pot sized bet. Doesn't seem to add up to me.

Big Limpin'
07-30-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dislike calling the minraise. Doublepairing isn't your only problem, if another diamond hits you could be up the crick without a paddle.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but i am on the button, and will have no problem folding to a bet on a 4flush board (of course i thought i had the same plan on a double paired board /images/graemlins/frown.gif lol)

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably fold the river since you got there so cheap and he throws out that pot sized bet. Doesn't seem to add up to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i think i agree with you. im not too happy about hte call i made, and was jsut testing the waters to see if anyone thought it was excusable.

Thanks for the input man, its appreciated !

BL'

Jman28
07-30-2005, 04:57 PM
I feel pretty confident he has an Ace here. Therefore, raise the turn, fold the river.

I don't think the turn call is terrible but I'd prefer a raise.
I really don't like the river call. If you had checked to him and then he bet, maybe.

If you consider him moderately tight, he's raising preflop with AT+, 88+.

AT+ beats you.
88+ would (should) bet that flop much stronger.

ldavidjm
07-30-2005, 05:09 PM
The way that you played it I would fold it. The pot isn't that big and there's too much that beats you at this point. I'd agree that the turn call isn't bad but I like a raise there as well.

Big Limpin'
07-30-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel pretty confident he has an Ace here. Therefore, raise the turn, fold the river.

I don't think the turn call is terrible but I'd prefer a raise.
I really don't like the river call. If you had checked to him and then he bet, maybe.

If you consider him moderately tight, he's raising preflop with AT+, 88+.

AT+ beats you.
88+ would (should) bet that flop much stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty Jman...your thought process perfectly mirrors what i thought about. The for some bloddy reason, i over-rode it and looked him up anyways /images/graemlins/tongue.gif BL = tard

About the turn call...the reasom i elected to only call (after thinking about it) was that i had concerns about AdXx, and wanted to get all my ducks in a line for the river before comitting to that poit. I judged 7 flush "ins" (the opposite of outs), and 9 double pared "ins" which would be reason for me to check/check that river. Given 16 cards i hate to see river...i figured id have to commit myself on the turn if i was to "protect" my made hand. Im still not sure that i like my turn call, but just wanted to give some justification of why i acted that way. Remember that this pot was real small up to the river.

And again, that river call...well, i just did it. [censored]' em /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif We all donk it. Me less than some, and also more than some , lol.

THanks again,
BL'

Big Limpin'
07-30-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The way that you played it I would fold it. The pot isn't that big and there's too much that beats you at this point. I'd agree that the turn call isn't bad but I like a raise there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto what i said to Jman...i dont hate my flat call on the turn either, i had my reasons, but yeah, raising was probably the better line to take (20/20 hindsight)

And on the river, yeah, all the signs pointed to my being loser. There simply werent many scenarios where he makes his previous action, then is bluffing.

Thanks for the time you took to repond. Gracias,
BL'

Big Limpin'
07-30-2005, 05:39 PM
also, fyi, i did call, and he did have an ace.