PDA

View Full Version : VPIP in Omaha

lehighguy
07-30-2005, 02:09 PM
What should my VPIP be for a pot-limit Omaha high game?

darkcore
07-30-2005, 03:32 PM
it should be between 20% and 50%. roughly... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

there are no starting hands that are real huge favourites about others like in holdem and plo is more about post-flop play, so vp$ip doesnt matter that much. its more a question of your playing style.

beset7
07-30-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What should my VPIP be for a pot-limit Omaha high game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it probably SHOULDN'T be under 15 or over 60. Even that is debatable tho.

Look for post flop leaks instead.

abscr
07-31-2005, 03:03 AM
A lot of times postflop leaks come from your preflop hand selection. If you feel confident with your postflop play, you can play more hands preflop. However, one way to stop postflop leaks is to play solid hands preflop and not put yourself in a rough position later in the hand.

That's why the playable hands are 20-60%. It just depends on your game postflop. If you are completely confident, you can profitably play 60% of your hands. If you want to be be in hands postflop where the decisions are easy, it'd be best, profitably, to play 20-30% of the hands dealt to you.

mshalen
07-31-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm relieved to read the above responces. I have been running a VPIP of about 48%. Though I've been winning I was worried that I was just lucky and variance would catch up with me. For the last week I've made a dilligent effort to bring my VPIP down. It has been 40% with less profit but also less variance. I know too few hands to understand the truth BUT reducing my VPIP has made it easier for me to try multi-tabling.