PDA

View Full Version : AQ & A8884 vs smart player all-in

LipBalmGuy
07-30-2005, 01:34 PM
$50 buy-in, .25/.50 No-Limit home game (my home), 6 handed
Late in evening's game, it's turned into a post-flop game with most players limping before the flop.

UTG: loose/bad player, very lucky tonight
MP: loose-ish, aggressive, thinks he's better than he really is
Button: best player at table, smart/tricky, loose preflop (and is my boss)
BB-hero: image is book-smart, tight, rarely bluffs (host of game)

PreFlop: BB-Hero dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, EP folds, MP calls, BT calls, SB folds, BB-hero raises to to 3.00, UTG calls, EP folds, MP calls, BT calls.

Flop: (pot 12.00) A/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 players)
all check

Turn: (pot 12.00) A/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)
all check

River: (pot 12.00) A/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)
BB-hero bets 10.00, UTG folds, MP folds, BT raises all-in to 95.00

Now: 117.00 pot, 85.00 to call

BB-hero: call or fold?

Komodo
07-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Easy fold I believe. Ive been burned once with a play like that. Only win 11$ when you win and risks much more. Risk/reward is bad for a call like this.

LipBalmGuy
07-31-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold I believe. Ive been burned once with a play like that. Only win 11$ when you win and risks much more. Risk/reward is bad for a call like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think this was an *obvious* fold, but I did fold. I figured him for either an A or 8, with a small chance of bluffing.

The button did not show, but said he had a four. I find it hard to believe he would over-bet a four.

Other opinions?

whittiphil
07-31-2005, 07:10 AM
fold... but I feel bad.

Komodo
07-31-2005, 08:27 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think this was an *obvious* fold, but I did fold. I figured him for either an A or 8, with a small chance of bluffing.

The button did not show, but said he had a four. I find it hard to believe he would over-bet a four.

Other opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for the result. He said he had a 4, which makes me more sure he had an 8 and feel disappointed for not making more money. Just my opinion. Well played!

SirFelixCat
07-31-2005, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite possible he had the 4. He didn't put you on the 8. Therefore, with a "weak" $10 bet infront of him, he knows you can not call that bet w/o an 8. Good play by him, tough but proper fold by you, imo. I wouldn't like it, but I would find a better spot to risk my stack.

pokerjoker
07-31-2005, 09:08 AM
You raised when you could have checked preflop....you have been playing tight...what hand with an 8 would you be doing that with? I cant think of any.

If he is a good player he would know this. If he had the A and he knows you dont have the 8 then why not try this?

Also is he a slowplayer?

Think what level he is thinking on. If he is thinking along the lines I mentioned I would probably call since he thinks you are weak.

Food for thought but I'd fold unless I knew my boss very well.