PDA

View Full Version : T5s in bb defense & problems with hand converter

eisanm
07-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Greetings.

First of all, I have some problems with bisonbison's hand converter. No, it's not that I don't understand it. I have used it before and it has worked for me. In fact it does work for some hand histories but not with all of them. It never works with hand histories that I have got emailed to me, and it sometimes works with hand histories from my hard drive.

In this one it does not work as it should. The bets are not there. In addition to that, it seems impossible to uncheck the "condense first round" checkbox. When I uncheck it and then click convert, it comes out condensed anyway and the checkbox is again checked.
Does anyone else have problems with this? Can someone tell me what it might be?
I've done it with IE and Opera (the two browsers that I have) and it makes no difference.
Anyway, back to my hand history:

Since it does not show up properly I will post the original HH text (modified).

Everybody folds to SB who obviously tries to steal on me.
Flop comes up Axx with two of my suit and he bets out.
I raise with two things in mind:

1) He is trying to steal and might have anything. He is probably afraid of the ace.

2) More important: I have a flushdraw. If he calls my raise he will probably check to me on the turn, giving me a free card. This improves my chances of getting the flush and beating him.

It didn't get any further since he folded to my raise, but what do you think of this play?

$1/$2 Texas Hold'em
(9 max) (Real Money) Total number of players : 9

Dealt to Hero [ Ts 5s ]
7 folds.
SB raises [$1.50].
Hero calls [$1].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, 4h, As ]
SB bets [$1].
Hero raises [$2].
SB folds.

Final Pot: $6.50

Now this is what I got out of the hand converter. Any suggestions?

Party Poker (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB folds.

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. </font>

bozlax
07-30-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I have some problems with bisonbison's hand converter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party changed the format of their hand histories and it screwed up the converter. Delete the word "Texas" from the header, and it works just fine.

Hand is g00t.

eisanm
07-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Thank you very much for the info on the hand converter. It now works with my hands from my hard drive / PT. Still not with the ones I get in my email though, but that's probably because of something else.
I'll try putting this one in the converter again and see.
It works. I can no longer edit my OP so I'll put it here, even if it is kind of unneccesary.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

bozlax
07-30-2005, 05:37 PM
When you have trouble with emailed hands, just import them into PT, bring up the HH there, and cut and paste from that.